Skip navigation
WillymH
Currently Being Moderated

Cumbersome and very user unfriendly

Apr 28, 2013 10:00 AM

Tags: #problem #premiere #crash #crashes #premiere_elements

I have just spent three hours working on changes to a video and have watched the system save repeatedly.  Suddenly everything crashed and I lost all the changes and the version available is the one I started with this morning.  I am finding this program cumbersome, user unfriendly and frankly a waste of my money.  Aside from a few features I am at a loss to see what I have all this money for.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2013 10:13 AM   in reply to WillymH

Welcome to the forum.

Have you looked in the Project's AutoSave folder, for your AutoSave PREL (Project) files?

Note: the AutoSaves are FIFO (First In - First Out), and if one has not changed the default of 5 AutoSaves, the five files will overwrite, as the AutoSave function operates. That means that AutoSave 3, might be newer, than AutoSave 5. Just change the Folder View to Detail, and look at the Time/Date of those five AutoSaves, choosing the last one written, to Open.

For crashes, this FAQ Entry might be useful: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/792580?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2013 11:37 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Also, consider your computer speed and tuning, the type of video you are editing, which version of the program you're using and what operating system you're working on.

If your only point in posting was to vent your rage, I think there might be more value in posting a message to Adobe rather than  posting to a user to user forum.

On the other hand, yours by no means a typical experience. Though without knowing some details about your workflow, it's hard to say why.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)