Skip navigation
AJMDesigns
Currently Being Moderated

Advice on font for lettering

Apr 28, 2013 11:14 AM

Tags: #illustrator #photoshop #help #font #color #pdf #adobe #bug #path #printing #cloud

Hi,

Im currently desigining a logo for a company and they want the letters MLA to stand out with the rest of the company name beside the letters if that makes sense however i have about 2000+ fonts on my computer and have looked through nearly all of them and the letters just look bad with whichever font i have tried. The font needs to be bold and corporate so no curly lettering etc. Does anyone have any advice on what would be a good font.

Thanks

P.S. Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2013 1:55 PM   in reply to AJMDesigns

they want the letters MLA to stand out with the rest of the company name beside the letters

What does "stand out with" mean?

How can anyone advise you on a typeface for MLA that will work in some way relative to "the rest of the company name", if you don't show "the rest of the company name"?

Logically, your question amounts to "What typeface should I use to make MLA stand out with something?"

JET

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 5:26 PM   in reply to AJMDesigns

Like James, I am mystified by your request.

What is the name of the company and what does MLA mean?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 6:59 PM   in reply to AJMDesigns

Yes, you have 2000+ fonts.  You also have the internet...

mla logo latest 1 5 6.jpg

MLA_Logo.jpg

mla-logo.jpg

Short of designing the logo for you, choosing a font is a little premature.  As previously suggested, there simply is not enough information for anyone to be able to make a solid recommendation.  If you've met with the client you probably took some notes and got an idea of what they are looking for.  So, you're in a better situation to recommend a font than anyone else.  The logos I selected are pretty basic, but they emphasize the letters M-L-A while also including the full name of the organization.  This is design 101.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 7:06 PM   in reply to AJMDesigns

And another thing.  Since you don't like anything in your computer, check out some font foundries...

www.myfonts.com

it's a good resource to look for something you don't have on your computer.  You could go to your local bookstore and look through some logo design books and some typography books to get some ideas.  Then, sketch out a few comps using some different fonts.  If you develop something that you think the client will like, buy that font.  You're a designer, you should know all this stuff already.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points