Skip navigation
womangrove
Currently Being Moderated

SSD failed-after new boot SSD/after recovery of old Boot drive PS6 crashes-cannot open-error msgs

Apr 28, 2013 1:31 PM

My SSD boot drive failed. Installed new SSD boot drive and running OS 10.7.5. Recovered all Applications from Time Machine.  However, PS6 will not open and instantly crashes. Any suggestions?

I get messages like "Could not load the Enable Async I/O module  and MMX Core Routines Module and Multiprocessor Support Module because it (they) does not work with this version of PS.

I downloaded PS6 as an upgrade to PS5 in late 2012. I have had these same error messages since the upgrade to CS6, but at least I could use PS6 even though messages occurred.

ANY IDEAS?

P.S. My Lightromm 4.4 works just fine after the above procedure. It's only PS6 that is not working at all.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2013 1:43 PM   in reply to womangrove

The Ps installer writes hundreds of files to numerous locations outside of the Applications folder, so use the installer.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 2:01 PM   in reply to womangrove

The errors about compatibility mean that you mistakenly copied plugins from a previous version of Photoshop, or pointed the additional plugins folder preference to a previous version by mistake.

Go turn off the preference, or delete the copied plugins (which are probably causing a lot of other problems as well).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 2:53 PM   in reply to womangrove

Well, without the crash report, all we can do is guess at causes.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 4:08 PM   in reply to womangrove

Not sure exactly what the Time machine backed up and how well it works to install new program.  Since the program installs in various places in additon to the program location unless you did a disk mirror it will probably not find all the files.

THe best advice I could offer would be to uninstall CS6, run Adobe Script Cleaner, then reinstall with disk or download.  If you download burn a disk of the program for future use if you have to reinstall.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 5:37 PM   in reply to Curt Y

The best advice I could offer would be to uninstall CS6, run Adobe Script Cleaner, then reinstall with disk or download.  If you download burn a disk of the program for future use if you have to reinstall.

Though not a fan of "Uninstall/Reinstall," I agree with Curt on this.

There are some programs that work well with images of HDD's (or SSD's), I have seen many having issues when using such a utility, with many Adobe programs.

The Cleaner is worthwhile too. Not sure about Mac's, but we recommend that one run it several times on the PrPro forum, rebooting between each run.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points