Skip navigation
Lyndonhr
Currently Being Moderated

Opening multiple pictures in Photoshop

Apr 28, 2013 3:07 PM

I am working on a picture file, jpegs, changing the size, the level, etc. I open several pictures usually

3 or 4 and when I try to open the next I receive a pop up error message that says: "Could not

complete your request because of a program error.” This has just started to happen recently,

probably since I upgraded to CS6. Previously I could work on a file and have 100 or so pictures

open and still be able to open additional pictures. I have downloaded and in installed all available

updates and the message I receive when I check for updates is: “Your applications are up-to-date

as checked less than a minute ago.” I tried to Edit>Purge>All, Reset Preferences, Deleted the

Adobe Photoshop Ver. 6 Prefs.psp folder and pressed Ctrl+Alt+Shift on Photoshop startup and

deleted Adobe Photoshop Settings file. Did not work, what next?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2013 1:51 AM   in reply to Lyndonhr

Update your graphics driver or turn off OpenCL/ OpenGL in the prefs. Pretty obviously you are running out of graphics card VRAM because your buffers fail to flush, which is a driver problem...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 7:49 AM   in reply to Lyndonhr

This will be found in edit/preferences/performance/ under Use Graphics Processor.  Try unchecking it as this takes GPU out of circuit.  If no changes probably not GPU.  Then try Basic mode in advanced settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 5:29 PM   in reply to Lyndonhr

This means you gpu driver is not working correctly.  It will work this way but you will be missing some features that the GPU provides.

All you can do is check the OS updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 6:07 PM   in reply to Lyndonhr

My mistake, thought you were a similar problem on Mac where the drivers are part of OS.  You need to make sure you have latest GPU driver.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 7:08 PM   in reply to Lyndonhr

Do you only have the one GPU?  PS does not like 2, especially of different models.  Check to make sure you do not have an onboard Intel also.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points