The company I work for has bought several licensed copies of the creative suite and ever since it was installed; the machine with the following specifications that I use:
CPU: i7-3770 @ 3.4 (4 core, 8 threads, 8mb cache)
O/S: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Built 7601)
RAM: 8GB DDR3
V/C: Radeon HD 5450
HDD: 60GB OCZ-Vertex 3 SSD (Primary)
HDD: 1x 2TB + 1 x 1TB SATA 3 drives.
Approximately 3 weeks ago, the machine became unresponsive due to a Photoshop CS6 64-bit issue along with Internet Explorer. At which point, I had to kill the process in the Task Manager; and ever since then, it has not been the same since.
All 64-bit applications for Adobe Creative Suite, take so long to open; that I can go and get a cup of coffee and come back only to find that it is still bloody loading. If I load for example, Photoshop 32-bit edition, it loads almost immediately. This is good at first, however as soon as I use the drag drop feature as I always do. Especially when I need to crop a high resolution image, regardless of whether the high resolution image (8MB to 16MB) stored locally or on a server; the application takes for ever and ever to load the damn image.
The amount of memory allocated to the application, starts at just over 125MB and then spikes up to 1.5TB; at which point still does not do any thing except sit there idling for no apparent reason.
This morning, opening InDesign CS6, took approximately 10 minutes to open itself. My recollection last week, I had closed all files before closing the application itself. So why the hell is it taking this bloody long to do so.
I have checked the Adobe Application Manager and everything is up to date. Microsoft Windows 7 is up to date. So what else is the problem. Could it be the services that is causing the issue?
Answers / Solutions please?
Thanks in advance.
The problem has been occuring as I have mentioned "Approximately 3 weeks ago", every week day that I am at work to boot the system. It happens every single time. I shut down and it happens again and again.
My suspicion lies with explorer itself, as I have noticed that when it became unresponsive in conjunction with one of the abovementioned adobe products; it was just not the same ever since then. I use the drag and drop feature quite frequently and it just takes for ever once the application is finally opened after waiting all that long in the first place.
I have since updated the onboard HD5450 graphics drivers from AMD's website as well as removing some fonts from the windows directory. I have noticed that it does open a bit faster, but perhaps it is just wishful thinking.
Unfortunately it still takes as long to open files.
Instead of using the default Task Manager from Windows 7 to track the processes and the memory usage; I have instead used "Process Hacker". Still, it shows that the Adobe application idles a great deal as soon as it reaches the dynamic link manager when it is loaded and becomes unresponsive; and further to that, there is another process it also loads and it also idles.
I ran the command and the application didn't find any integrity violations.
After removing an extensive amount of fonts, especially with Photoshop CS6 32-bit and 64-bit versions; the preferences menu as well as creating a new document; seems to be jumbled up with literally no viewing text. Cycling through the options, has drop down menus, but the descriptions have gone... for most of them any way.
I've tried uninstalling Photoshop itself and reinstalling it again, still the problem exists.
I don't want to have to uninstall the entire Creative Suite and just to see if its repaired itself. As Photoshop itself took a while to reinstall.
I'd also suggest trashing the prefs for each application. Most will replace the prefs if you hold down the Ctrl, Alt and Shift keys immediately after launching. You have to be really fast, and you'll see a confiramtion dialog if it worked.
Before I deleted the fonts, I checked the time date stamp. As I also use Corel Draw X6, a program call "Bit Font Navigator" which loads third party fonts and gives a listing; where you can choose which fonts you want and they can be installed. The installation is only by shortcut, so the actual fonts themselves, are not actually sitting in the Fonts directory; unless of course you physically copy the whole thing into it which is rather stupid.
Every time I load the system (fresh boot), there is an indicated time date stamp on the very day in which it automatically loads the fonts from an external source into the Windows Fonts directory.
I only checked the latest dates and subsequently deleted the fonts of that particular grouping; which was 29/04/2013. I didn't touch anything else. As for Tahoma font, I checked that too. It shows the date as 11/05/2011. Just to reiterate, I only touched the fonts that had the year 2013 in them.
After a reboot thereafter, that's when I noticed these further issues.
Hmm..... I think it is possible I might have deleted Verdana by mistake, since the time date stamp for that is 03/04/2013. In which case might explain the circumstances I experienced.