Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't fill pencil shapes?

Apr 28, 2013 10:29 PM

So basically, when I make a complete circle with a pencil, I'm able to fill it with the paint bucket, but when I make half a circle with the pencil, then draw the other half of the circle with the pencil with 2 different strokes, I can't fill it in with the paint bucket. Object drawing if off. Any idea why it won't fill?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2013 6:20 AM   in reply to Martyshuk

to fiull any form it has to be properly closed, zoom in into the connection points of your drawings and see if there are "holes" in the outline

For example: this form won`t fill because of the missing connectiong in the enlarged view

OpenForm.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to Martyshuk

Both lines need to be in the same layer in the timeline.

There is an option for the fill tool at the bottom of the Tools window: It lets you select the amount of gap between the lines. You may need to adjust this setting to get the fill that you want.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 5:22 PM   in reply to Martyshuk

In the Tools window, select the Fill tool, it's the paint bucket. At the bottom of the Tools window you should now see two options: the Gap Size modifier and the Lock Fill modifier. The Gap Size modifier looks like a circle. Click and hold on that and it will show you four options: Don't Close Gaps, Close Small Gaps, Close Medium Gaps and Close Large Gaps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points