Skip navigation
kreuz287
Currently Being Moderated

CS5 Greyed out input fields in InDesign

Apr 29, 2013 3:34 AM

I've run into a similiar problem as stated here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5212634

Recently, InDesign stopped displaying the menu fields for any sort of input within the application. For example, when creating a document, I can't input a width or height or page numbers. Inside a document, I can't change the font size or type. Even when exporting as a PDF, the prompt box's won't allow me to change any of the fields.

Screen Shot 2013-04-04 at 10.38.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-04-04 at 10.38.04 PM.png

I've restarted InDesign and my computer, and after that didn't work, I reinstalled the application, but the problem still remains. I don't know what to fix or what is even broken. I've never heard of this problem happening to anyone, and from searching around on the web, it seems pretty rare.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I'm on OS 10.6. I've followed the discussion thread of the previous post and I was at the step of creating a different user to see if the problem persisted in a new account. In my case the same problem persisted. Can anyone advise how to proceed?

I have accidentally deleted system fonts but I have used Pacifist to replace the default fonts.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2013 3:53 AM   in reply to kreuz287

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 4:21 AM   in reply to kreuz287

I answered in the other thread, as well. I thought you might be missing the system font used to draw the dialog, but looking at the screen grab I'm not so sure at this point. You may need to uninstall, run the cleaner tool (http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation -problems.html) and reinstall.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 5:09 AM   in reply to kreuz287

If the uninstall is complete, then yes, the cleaner tool would find nothing. Install again and try a brand spanking new user account and let us know.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 2:23 PM   in reply to kreuz287

Do you have any third party plugins? A font Manager?

Is Lucida Grande installed and active? I beleive that's the font used in the dialogs on Mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 4:21 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

It's the Verdana and Verdana italic, which also causes problems in Illustrator if they are not properly installed.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 4:26 PM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

Thanks, Larry.

I probably won't be able to remember that, either.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points