Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash File from Encore & BD Disc size - Will not burn in Encore

Apr 29, 2013 7:56 AM

Hi,

I want to make a Flash File from a Blu-Ray I set up in Encore.

I know how to do that, If I do that, will I be able to preview all of menus and links to see if everything is working correctly before I burn it?

I went to burn it last night and it said that I had a "Code 25 Error - Not enough disc space."

This is confusing because I was using a 25 GB BD Disc and I only used 21 GB or it (According to Encores Build Menu)

So I went and I made an ISO folder and I'm trying to burn it on something called DVD Fab 9. We will see how this comes out or if it even works?

Is there a better program to burn my DVD's in if I can/t burn them in Encore and I have to make ISO Files all of the time?

Also, when I made my ISO folder it came out to be 25.71 GB, much more than what Encore was saying. When I made a  Dlu-Ray folder (same project) it came out to be 24.05 GB.

Why are all 3 sayiong different file sizes?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Encore CS 5.1

Mac Pro

10 GB RAM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

will I be able to preview all of menus and links to see if everything is working correctly before I burn it?

I'm confused.  You don't burn Flash output to disk, you put it on a web site.  You burn BD or DVD output to disk.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 10:24 AM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write files or folders or ISO to disc for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

As far as space, I know that a DVD will allow you to add computer files in a ROM content box... does BluRay have the same feature?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 10:27 AM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

Sorry, I thought I read that somewhere that a Flash file can preview your whole project before you Burn it.

Flash out put has various limitations that make it not a good option for preview. Plus, it transcodes to flash format. I suspect that you are recalling someone saying it was a good way to share the project with a client. As a rough cut option, you could build to flash, upload to  your web site, and give the clent a link.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 11:51 AM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

Flash file can preview your whole project before you Burn it.

Encore has a built-in Preview function for this.  No need to burn anything.  (Although, the Preview isn't always perfect, so it is a good idea to burn to a rewritable disk and watch it on a hardware player before you deliver anything to a client.)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 11:50 AM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

any insight on my other problem about the Code 25

I've never successfully burned a BD from Encore directly, so I always write out an Image file (ISO) and use a third party program to actually burn the image to disk.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 11:35 AM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

See reply #3, above. The "free" software Imgburn does a nice job for burning ISO images to a disc.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 12:02 PM   in reply to cvid01

He's Mac; can't use imgburn.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers