Skip navigation
Yakman1
Currently Being Moderated

Video_TS file empty though video plays

Apr 29, 2013 8:54 AM

Tags: #import #dvd #missing_files

I have a number of DVDs copied from VHS home movies some years back. Most of these I can import and edit in Premier Pro with no problems. A few, however, show an empty Video_TS folder, although they play just fine, including menus, in both VLC and DVD Player (MacOS). The Video_TS folder shows as empty in both the Finder and in the Media Browser.

Any suggestions for importing these into Premier Pro would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2013 8:57 AM   in reply to Yakman1

That's a new one.

Bring the disk over to a Windows machine.  Same thing?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 11:35 AM   in reply to Yakman1

It is not at all obvious how get these onto the Mac side.

A LOT of things are not 'obvious' with Macs.  That's why I hate using them.  Since you have Bootcamp, you can use the following to covnert into a DV file.  (Choose version 5.)

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/XviD4PSP

DVD Convert.png

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 5:12 PM   in reply to Yakman1

I do not have a suggestion, as I have no idea why Finder sees the VIDEO_TS folder as empty, when it obviously is not. Especially being a PC-only guy, Mac things are not my strength.

However, I encountered similar, but in reverse, some years ago. I was doing a bunch of work with Mac Projects, and fired up my MacDrive software (something that I had not needed for some time - but did this time). It installed with it launching, at bootup. I did not notice anything, until I stuck a PC DVD-Data (installation disc), into my multi-drive - BLANK! Checked that disc on another PC, and everything was there. Glad that I did that, before I fired off a nasty-gram to the software company. Did some research, and found that MacDrive, if loaded at bootup, would hook the multi-drive, and ONLY see a Mac disc - not any Windows/PC discs. OK, simple fix - delete MacDrive from loading at bootup.

Now, this is but a guess, but I would suspect that your Mac is seeing the problem DVD-Videos as "PC Only," for some unknown reason.

Wish that I had more to offer, but I would attempt to find out why the Mac is not seeing the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder. The IFO, BUP and VOB files are not platform-centric, so I cannot tell what the problem is.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points