Skip navigation
HV20user
Currently Being Moderated

How to capture video from camcorder (HV20) scene by scene with Premiere Elements 11?

Apr 29, 2013 7:54 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to capture video from my camcorder HV20 with Premiere Elements 11. However, Premiere Elements 11 captured the video of whole tape as a signle file, which is about 13Gb. How can I set the Premiere Elements 11 to capture the video scene by scene, so that it is easier to copy them onto my portable hard drive for long term storage?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to HV20user

Did you select the option to Break Scenes by Timecode on the Capture window?

If so and it still didn't work -- and you've ensured your camcorder is set to the right time and date -- you may want to look into using the program HDV Split to capture your video. HDV Split's captures load perfectingly into a Premiere Elements high-def project.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2013 10:26 AM   in reply to HV20user

HV20user

Are you doing a DV or HDV capture firewire into Premiere Elements 11?

If you are doing DV capture, do you have a check mark next to "Split Scenes" in the Capture Windows after you have opted for Add Media/DV Camcorder? If so, have you selected By: Timecode or Content?

If you are doing HDV capture, do you have a check mark next to "Split Scenes" in the Capture Window after you have opted for Add Media/HDV Camcorder? If so, typically your option is just By: Content.

If HDV capture, many have preferred splitting the capture firewire into .m2t clips there and then importing them into Premiere Elements with the HDV HDV 1080p project preset.

http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm

Since Premiere Elements 11 is taking over setting of the project preset, always a good idea to verify its project settings.

Looking forward to your follow up and results.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points