Skip navigation
hr6677
Currently Being Moderated

Missing Echo Sign Button

Apr 29, 2013 2:55 PM

Workstations are running Windows 7 Professioanl on Domain with Server 2003 SBS.

Users are missing the Echo SIGN button next to TOOLS and COMMENTS. I have tried various registry fixes found searching Google as well as some Group policy attempts as well. I have reinstalled the software several times. When I run the program as Adminisrator the SIGN button is available. When I run it as standard user the ability disapears. Seems to be something related to permissions or policies preventing users from using that function of the program.

Any Ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2013 12:36 PM   in reply to hr6677

Sorry I am having the same issue. Any help would be great!!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 6:18 PM   in reply to USMCMEM

What version of Reader are you deploying?

How are you creating your package and settings?

The supported method for removing the SIGN task pane button from Reader is by adding the following DWORD value to the registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\(product name)\(version)\FeatureLockdown\cServices

Value: 0 – don’t show the SIGN task pane button

Value: 1 or null: Show the SIGN task pane button

More information is available in the Enterprise Toolkit for Acrobat Products:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/index.html

The “Preference Reference” provides all supported registry key settings including the one listed above.

You might also consider using the Adobe Customization Wizard for creating your package.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 6:48 AM   in reply to Priscilla Walker

We are deploying Adobe Reader XI (11.0.2)

We directly install from Adobe website. We are not deploying any modification on the normal install package. The wierd issue is that some users have the Sign button and others dont; logging into the same Citrix Server. I am looking into the registry key. however, I ahve added the key and this has no effect. Some users dont have the sign button and others do. see screenshot for the reg key. Added_Reg_Key.jpg

Please advise. Thank you

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points