I have been using ill for 25 yrs and never ever had ill fail to save/save as/save a copy before! What gives.
Is anyone else having this strange problem.
Nobody can say anything based on your vague info. We need exact system details and what procedures you empoy exactly. This might be as trivial as using a special character that is not allowed or on the otehr hand genuine file system problems with your operating system.
After several hours of testing:
Mac 10.7.5, 18gb ram
1. I moved my prefenceres folder on to desktop, forcing ill to recreate them upon relanuch.
2. restarted ill, was able to create a doc and make systematic changes, saving each modes of saving.
3. So someting of my prefs was bad. The two most important was color settings and my workspace.
4. As i worked on recreating my workspace, Ill would sometimes get stuck and not respond; hence needing a force quit.
5. when i reloaded ill, i noticed saving was broken again. so deleted the full prefs folder again.
6. after recreating my workspace several times and again failing to save, i decided to make small changes in the workspace and quit and test save...repeat..slow process, but after 2 hrs, i finally have restored my workspace and can save my docs correctly.
-- clearly something is screwing up saving relating to the workspace! I spent enough time investing in restoring saving.
The color library was another nightmare of wasted time, but it too is recreated.
For an 800.00 upgrade, am an unhappy camper to put it mildly. My faith in your QE is broken. :-P
ps, would be nice you could support apple's spellcheck in Safari.
I just got off phone with Adobe tech support. They explain I should not be saving to my fireware 800 external hard-drive but to my mac desktop and then manually moving those files to the fireware drive and move them back to my main drive when I want to work on them. REALLY!!!!!!!! I have been using Adobe products for a very long time. Never ever once in documentation do they explain what I was told by support. What! they can't write code to do what nearly all my programs are able to do: write and read from an external hard-drive! Whats the point of having an external harddrive Adobe!!