Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

search within editor

Apr 29, 2013 5:50 PM

Tags: #editor #searching #search_widget

Ok, I've tried searching everywhere, but the terms are pretty generic, so I'm coming to the expert source.

I code within the editor of DW and I like to search. Sometimes the big search dialog box is feature rich. I can search within the source of the current document, all open documents, or even within a directory if I so choose. I can even replace upon finding, and when I'm really feeling powerful, I can use regex to find what I'm looking for.

All well and dandy.

However, sometimes that's just too much. Too many options. Too much power. Too BIG of a DIALOG BOX. Some of my files have 500+ lines of code and I just want a simple/quick, not in your face search. In my layout there are two small search boxes. One unfortunately opens my default browser and searches for the term I entered. (I wish it would search the currently open and in focus document!) The other searches for files.

Q: is there any way to configure either of those boxes to just do a quick and dirty search of the open document?

I really don't want to make my own widget (I haven't done that since Homesite when Macromedia owned it). It looks a bit more complicated, and I don't have the time to delve. Or should I?

I'm using DW CS6 creative cloud on Mac.

Thanks.

DW_search.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2013 9:01 PM   in reply to dmayo2

Hi dmayo2,

Can you check out this article http://technotoolbox.blogspot.in/2012/11/using-custom-find-and-replace -in.html, and see if the options mentioned in the article help you?

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points