Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS6 (6.0.1.013) won't recognize external BluRay burner anymore (OS X 10.8.3)

Apr 29, 2013 5:53 PM

Tags: #missing #external #found #none #bluray #burn #ray #blu #burner

I've used this external usb 3.0 blu ray/dvd/cd burner to burn Blu Ray discs with Encore before - it worked 3 different times.  Now when I open Encore to burn the same project to  Blu-Ray disc (not folder or image), the recorder drop down menu lists "none found".

Power is supplied via 2 usb cables, they are both plugged in to the back of my late 2012 iMac 27" that supports usb 3.0. 

Disk Utility recognizes the drive when a blank blu-ray disc is inserted, but in the info panel says "burn support: unsupported".

Also, when I select DVD disc instead of Bluray Disc, the external comes up on the destination menu...

Please help.

disk ut help.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2013 3:22 PM   in reply to ilykdp2

Same thing has started happening to me. It recognizes the external recorder for DVDs but not for Bluray. You hit refresh and it stays on "None Found". Your solution may be nice but it doesn't change the fact that there is an issue with this program that needs to be addressed. Any Adobe staff have any ideas on this one?

Using CS6 Encore on a 2011 imac.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2013 9:59 PM   in reply to DMH79

This is very weird. I have the reverse problem where encore sees my drives for BLU-RAY but does not see it for DVDS. Now encore gives none found when I set it for DVD/ DVD DISC. I have been trying to contact TECH support but it is hard to get them at a convenient time.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2013 10:14 PM   in reply to silverfox07

silverfox07 wrote:

This is very weird. I have the reverse problem where encore sees my drives for BLU-RAY but does not see it for DVDS. Now encore gives none found when I set it for DVD/ DVD DISC. I have been trying to contact TECH support but it is hard to get them at a convenient time.

I've found that I need to restart Encore with the BLURAY drive ALREADY connected and turned on for it to be recognized right away. Trying to connect it or turn it on while Encore is already and the drive wasn't recognized. So maybe for you if you don't need BLURAY, disconnect that drive and Encore will recognize your DVD drive when you restart the app. Just a guess since it's the reverse of what I experienced.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points