Skip navigation
PamyBen
Currently Being Moderated

PSE8-Having trouble importing vertical images

Apr 30, 2013 12:19 PM

Tags: #photos #photoshop_elements_8

I am trying to import images from PSE8 to Blog Stomp. It's a program that batches pictures to add watermarks and prepare for the web. It works great with my horizontal images BUT my vertical images show up on their sides (horizontal) when I import them. Blog Stomp does not have an image rotation tool. How do I make sure my image stays vertical when it gets to Blog Stomp? I am a jewelry artist and not a computer programmer! LOL I enjoy posting pics of my work on Facebook and also uploading to my website. It's frustrating that I can't "batch" the vertical images. Any help you can give me is appreciated

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2013 1:01 PM   in reply to PamyBen

Don't know anything about Blog Stomp, but most likely it is ignoring the orientation metadata that other programs like Elements read to automatically rotate your images so they are upright. You can disable this in the Elements Organzier by going to Preferences > Files and unchecking the Rotate JPEG's using Orientation Metadata option. Then you will know which images need to be manually rotated (available under the Edit menu). Then you should be able to use them in Blog Stomp without issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 4:40 PM   in reply to PamyBen

That's strange. It should be checked by default. I guess you should try with it checked then.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 1:00 PM   in reply to PamyBen

The thing about it reading and autorotating your images is that it is not a permanent change, it is just a temp change while using in our applications. I was suggesting turning off the auto rotate so you would know which ones you had to rotate manually before sending them off. My only other guess is that Blog Stomp is making some guesses as to which images need to be rotating based on some information in the file and doing so incorrectly.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points