Skip navigation
Nathanvogele
Currently Being Moderated

Taking an Impossible Amount of time to Render a video

Apr 30, 2013 1:11 PM

Tags: #problem #issue #video #audio #premiere #export #editing #render #time #mp4 #long #premier_elements_11

Greetings,
I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 11 for Video editing and it is taking a very very very very long time to render. *about 15 Hours for an Hour and Twenty minuet video. It is exporting to H.264 MP4. HD 1080P

I have 12 Gig of Ram and I'm using AMD Athlon II 4x 640 in An HP Pavilion P6727 Desktop Computer.

What is taking so long? If I was to boost my memory up to 16 Gig Ram would it make that big of a difference?

Thanks! -Cheers-

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2013 2:27 PM   in reply to Nathanvogele

>using Adobe Premiere Elements 11

You are in the wrong place... you need http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 3:22 PM   in reply to Nathanvogele

[moved to Premiere Elements forum]

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 5:27 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Increasing your RAM will not improve your render speed.

The amount of time it takes to render your video depends on how fast your processor is, how much RAM you have, what operating system you're using, what model of camcorder your video is coming from and what resolution and format it is. If you are using photos in your project, your rendering time can also increase and the program may freeze if your photos are larger than 1000x750 pixels in size.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from, etc?

Are you talking about just rendering your timeline for smooth playback or are you talking about rendering to output a finished video?

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to Nathanvogele

The amount of time it takes to render your video depends on how fast your processor is, how much RAM you have, what operating system you're using, what model of camcorder your video is coming from and what resolution and format it is. If you are using photos in your project, your rendering time can also increase and the program may freeze if your photos are larger than 1000x750 pixels in size.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from, etc?

Are you talking about just rendering your timeline for smooth playback or are you talking about rendering to output a finished video?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points