Skip navigation
flolo78
Currently Being Moderated

will the creative suite production premium work if i have an amd fx 8350

Apr 30, 2013 2:23 PM

Tags: #creative #suite #amd #production_premium #fx-8350

Hey. I have a new computer with an AMD FX 8350. I want buy the Creative Suite Production Premium. Will the programms work fast and without big problems?

Thank you

Greets

Flolo78

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2013 2:27 PM   in reply to flolo78

Download the 30 day demo and test for yourself

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 4:01 AM   in reply to flolo78

What do you mean by the connection? It works just like any other video card. The only drawback is that all AMD video cards can not use hardware acceleration and are thus locked into software MPE mode only. That is around 15 times slower than a CUDA capable nVidia card with at least 1 GB VRAM.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 6:27 AM   in reply to flolo78

Actually, AMD isn't currently supported for GPU acceleration in the Windows version of Premiere Pro CS6. OpenCL GPU acceleration support will be included in CS-Next (which will be released shortly, but with no definite timetable).

And the "AMD-Adobe" connection refers to the GPU, not the CPU. AMD's CPUs (yes, even the FX-8350) are still slower than quad-core Intel i5 CPUs in Premiere Pro CS-anything. This is because although the FX CPUs support SSE 4.x instructions, this support is implemented in a sluggish way even when compared to two-generation-old Intel CPUs.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 4:46 AM   in reply to flolo78

Yes, a good nVidia card will improve performance with that AMD FX 8350. However, don't waste your money on anything above a GTX 650 Ti Boost or a GTX 660 because the CPU would then limit the performance of anything higher. After all, it is a waste to put a GeForce Titan on an AMD FX CPU-based system because its overall performance in Premiere Pro CS6 would still be no faster than an Intel i5 CPU-based system that's equipped with a GeForce GTX 660 Ti.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 1:44 PM   in reply to flolo78

hi flolo.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/cpu-charts-2012/-34-Adobe-Premiere- Pro-CS6,3171.html

I found some premiere cs 6 benchmarks that were run with your processor. it outperforms all of the core-i5 variants.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points