Skip navigation
PaoloJerome
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with Rounded Rectangle Tool

Apr 30, 2013 7:55 PM

Tags: #illustrator #tool #rectangle #rounded

I want to change the radius using (Right Arrow) but now it's only letting me choose to 1 radius and nothing in between.

rounded.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 12:22 AM   in reply to PaoloJerome

You need to provide system info, version info and other details. AI not responding to certain keyboard inputs could be a system problem, after all...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 12:33 AM   in reply to PaoloJerome

What are the dimensions of the rectangle? Is it possibly so small that only one increment is feasible?

If the width and/or height of the rectangle is equal to or smaller than the Preferences > Corner Radius setting, there is only one step.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 2:08 AM   in reply to PaoloJerome

PaoloJerome,

You may untick Align to Pixel Grid if ticked (in the Transform panel where you should also untick it for new paths), and consider the setting for your use of that kind of document).

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 2:19 AM   in reply to Jacob Bugge

Are you using a Wacom tablet? There's an issue with Wacom drivers which cause the corners to RAPIDLY change which at times may appear like one step unless you very quickly TAP the arrow key.

This was fixed for a version or two, then crept back in.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 2:33 AM   in reply to PaoloJerome

I don't understand those last two posts, Paolo. Does that mean you do indeed use a Wacom? If so, it's up to Wacom to fix it and I would not hold my breath. It's been an issue for litterally a decade or more.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points