• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Connect SCCM

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I deploy this out to all users so that they can share there screen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connect is a server based product, so other than having Flash Player 10.3 or newer on the computers you manage you shouldn't need to push anything. If the users need to share their screen they will need the add-in, but they will be prompted to install it when needed, and once it is installed, they shouldn't need to re-install it. If you need the installer files for the Add-in, you can find them on the Getting Started page for your server, or you can find them here: http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/downloads-updates.html#meeting-add-ins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to push out the plug in for screen sharing with SCCM as the users do not have rights to install it. The problem is that if I install the plug in on a machine it is tied to the user profile not the machine and that is why adobe made the adobe connect add in checker but that does not work eaither.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall that this has been attempted in the past, though I'm not sure to what level of success... Here are a few threads that addressed this deployment need.

http://www.connectusers.com/forums/topic/4541/installing-the-connect-addin-using-windows-installerms...

http://www.connectusers.com/forums/topic/1404/connect-addin-per-user-or-per-computer/

They are older threads, but they all come to the same conclusion, that it cannot be easily done. There may be a solution or tow in these threads though.

It may also be worth reaching out to support to see if they have put a solution together since 2010.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2013 May 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will dig through and see if it suites.

I think that I will also move everyone to Lync and cut back our licences for Adobe Connect. This is just plain stupid way to manage software and I will avoid it where possible.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would recommend contacting support on this as well. We do support large-scale deployments of the Add-in using Citrix's XenApp solution and a tool called the Adobe Connect "Add-in Checker" which is available with all on-premise (non Adobe hosted) deployments.

Here were the steps to accomplish this with XenApp for Connect 8, the steps should be the same for 9:

http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/support-citrix-xenapp-connect-8.html

AFAIK, customers have used the Add-in Checker to deploy en-masse over different environments, but I haven't helped anyone in that situation directly, only XenApp users.

Incidentally, without the add-in checker and just focusing on the Add-in executable...you can use flags like /SP-, /SILENT, /VERYSILENT, /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES to eliminate user prompts when installing the add-in, eg. "setup.exe /VERYSILENT".

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please advise on how i can uninstall Adobe Connect

It was installed using AdobeConnectAddinInstaller.exe on SCCM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this is a new twist on things since OP made his OP, but Adobe Connect installs to the user's AppData folder and thus is installable by non-admin users.  I just tested it with a limited user and the install went without a hitch.  Only caveat is that I don't have any actual content with which to do a full-blown test.  My 'success' has only been confirmed by the Adobe Connect test page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for the user installing the addin himself, but I found out right after completing the sccm application, and some of them may be concerned by the warning in chrome (and it won't appear in the add remove program if installed this way)

The install part is not hard but the detection was.

here my command line

AdobeConnectAddinInstaller.exe /silent /log=%windir%\temp\AdobeConnectAddin979.366.log /NOCANCEL /CloseApplications /NORESTART

here is the powershell script I'm using as the "detection method" to check if it is correctly installed (you won't need that if you create a package instead of an application)

hopefully it can be usefull for someone else.

# CHECK IF FILE EXIST IN CURRENT USER APPDATA, IF YES CHECK IF VERSION IS GREATER OR EQUAL TO THE SPECIFIED VERSION

# IF YES RETURNS TRUE

# OTHERWISE RETURNS FALSE = APPLICATION IS NOT INSTALLED.

#USED IN SCCM APPLICATION DETECTION RULE

## https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3fd796c4-45f0-42cf-bc3d-bccd6caf73a8/det ection-method-using-userprofile-in-the-path?forum=configmanagerapps

##https://rohnspowershellblog.wordpress.com/2013/12/16/getting-accurate-file-versions/

###That method requires version 3.0. If you have 2.0, you should be able to get it to work,

$path = "$env:APPDATA\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin\adobeconnectaddin.exe"

$path

IF(Test-Path $path) {

# FILE EXIST, CHECK VERSION

$VersionInfo = (Get-Item $path).VersionInfo

$VersionInfo

$FileVersion = ("{0}.{1}.{2}.{3}" -f $VersionInfo.FileMajorPart,$VersionInfo.FileMinorPart, $VersionInfo.FileBuildPart, $VersionInfo.FilePrivatePart)

$FileVersion

([version] $FileVersion -gE [version] "11.9.979.366")

}

ELSE {$false}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to execute the installation properly for each using using Bigfix, but you could also do it via group policy.  You need to be able to detect the current logged in user, or use variables which return or bypass the need for related information such as user key and user name.

I've cleaned this up SLIGHTLY to remove some of the more obvious Bigfix-specific code, but be sure you also check for and clean up anything in curly braces { } and any ifs.  That means it's relevance within the action: it's resolving that information to decide the correct solution for each deployment.

//Kill adobeconnectaddin.exe if the program is running for upgrade to run

taskkill /F /IM adobeconnectaddin.exe

// only continue if there is exactly 1 user logged on since this is a profile specific install

// IBM Bigfix script here - you should adapt or skip this section.

continue if {(exists current user) AND (1 = number of logged on users)}

// uninstall older versions

//// if for detection of older versions

if {exists (files "adobeconnectaddin.exe" whose(version of it <= "11.9.980.387") of folders "AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin" of folders (name of current user) of folders "C:\Users")}

//// execution of uninstall with relevance for current user - swap relevance/variable, depending upon your deployment platform

cmd.exe /c "C:\Users\{name of current user}\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin\unins000.exe" /VerySilent

endif

// if related to flash player, I can't remember why but we needed it

if {exists folder "C:\Users\{name of current user}}\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin"}

cmd.exe /c rmdir /q /s "C:\Users\{name of current user}\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin"

endif

// execution of install with relevance (or insert your variable) for user directory.  You can point the installation to the specific user folder!!!  But it doesn't add uninstallation registry keys, so it doesn't show up in A/RP...yet!

AdobeConnectAddinInstaller.exe /VERYSILENT /DIR="C:\Users\{name of current user}\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin"

// Add Uninstall registry entries manually.  This section is in bigfix action script - you could probably convert this to reg add or whatever your platform is pretty quickly, or simply deploy a reg file already containing them!  Just be sure you add it to the HKCU, or the specific user registry hive you're trying to install to.

// begin create file

delete __createfile

createfile until END

echo Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 >> adobeconnect.reg

[{user key of logged on user}\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Connect 9 Add-in]

"DisplayName"="Adobe Connect 9 Add-in"

"Publisher"="Adobe Systems Incorporated"

"DisplayVersion"="11.9.980.387"

"DisplayIcon"="C:\\Users\\{name of current user}\\AppData\\Roaming\\Macromedia\\Flash Player\\www.macromedia.com\\bin\\adobeconnectaddin\\adobeconnectaddin.exe,0"

"InstallDate"="{(year of current date as string) & (month of current date as two digits as string) & (day_of_month of current date as two digits as string)}"

"NoRepair"=dword:00000001

"NoModify"=dword:00000001

"HelpLink"="http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect.html"

"UninstallString"="C:\\Users\\{name of current user}\\AppData\\Roaming\\Macromedia\\Flash Player\\www.macromedia.com\\bin\\adobeconnectaddin\\unins000.exe"

END

delete AdobeConnect.reg

move __createfile AdobeConnect.reg

// execute add registry keys

regedit /s AdobeConnect.reg

// cleanup of older versions

if {exist key "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Connect Add-In" of (user key of logged on user) of native registry}

delete __createfile

createfile until END

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-{user key of logged on user}\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Connect Add-In]

END

delete legacyremoval.reg

move __createfile legacyremoval.reg

regedit /s legacyremoval.reg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines