Skip navigation
velascof622
Currently Being Moderated

How do I switch between Content and Keywords panes with keyboard shortcut

Apr 30, 2013 7:41 PM

I have been adding keywords to a lot of pictures and I am wondering if there is a keyboard shortcut to go from the content window, where you can go through the pictures to the keywords window, where you can select the keywords you want for the selected picture(s) in the content window.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2013 7:53 PM   in reply to velascof622

Most build a workspace that includes the various panels used, then save that to a custom workspace.  Or you can use of the pre-built one like Essentials.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2013 8:13 PM   in reply to velascof622

I don't think so.  Bridge has few options for keyboard shortcuts.

Not sure of your use level so if this is too basic my appoligies.

Some users press the space bar to get full screen then use the arrow keys to scroll through the pictures.  Others like the vertical or horizontal filmstrip mode.  THis gets a large picture with the other panels present.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 1:09 AM   in reply to velascof622

quickly go to the keyword panel and select a keyword. Kind of like the tab key in an online form but for panels.

I'm afraid this is not possible but it is a longstanding request of many people to have the option of customizing shortcuts like you can do in PS itself. Switching to metadata and or keyword panel is indeed a most wanted feature.

But Bridge on its own has very less shortcuts and some of them (tab) are not behaving consistently (tab is the most obvious needed for switching but already in current state one time it switches files and the other time it switches to content panel only)

So add a feature request for it like many have done so, but then again, up till now there have not many wishes for Feature Request been fulfilled I'm afraid..

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points