Skip navigation
Rose 3
Currently Being Moderated

rendering

Apr 30, 2013 8:53 PM

I am using Premiere Elements 11. My movie is about 15 minutes long but has many transitions. It is taking a long time to render and usually freezes.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 5:13 AM   in reply to Rose 3

The amount of time it takes to render your video depends on how fast your processor is, how much RAM you have, what operating system you're using, what model of camcorder your video is coming from and what resolution and format it is. If you are using photos in your project, your rendering time can also increase and the program may freeze if your photos are larger than 1000x750 pixels in size.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from, etc?

Are you talking about just rendering your timeline for smooth playback or are you talking about rendering to output a finished video?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 6:51 PM   in reply to Rose 3

Rose3

What specific effects, if any, have you applied to the Timeline content? Any Video Stablizer in the mix? What exactly were those few things that you added to the project after which the problem set in?

Have you checked to determine if you have any pile up of previews files in the Adobe Folder/Premiere Elements 11/Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder as well as Media Cache Folder there?

Also, please check Edit Menu/Preferances/Scratch Disks to see where the Scratch Disks are directed and how much free hard drive space is there.

Also, check Edit Menu/Preferences/General/ and the "Time render quality (valid for HD projects)". What is the reading? Two choices there:

a. Draft quality, High Speed (the Default)

and

b. High quality, Slow Speed

Also, check out the placement of your transitions.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 8:37 PM   in reply to Rose 3

Rose3

Thanks for the additional informaton.

For what you described for your situation, the 315.9 GB free hard drive space to which the Scratch Disks seem to be directed would not seem a likely cause of the problem.

Have you optimized your computer...defragmentation, ccleaner regular and registry routine, etc?

We will be looking forward to the details related to SG's questions about your computer resources and your source media properties as well as your Premiere Elements project settings.

Also, if you have not already, take another look at the transition placements. What you might want to consider is dividing up the 15 minute Timeline to see if you can target a possible offending component in the Timeline...maybe cut the video and look at five 3 minutes segments for rendering time and performance.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 8:59 PM   in reply to Rose 3

Rose3

I did not see your latest post until way after I have submitted my prior post.

Sounds like you are gaining ground on the problem. Good work.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points