Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Site layout that moves around

Apr 30, 2013 10:43 PM

Tags: #web #dreamweaver #layout

I'm not sure if this is a Dreamweaver issue or not, but I'm stumped nonetheless. My site has a pretty simple layout going on and every page was constructed from the exact same layout. As in I made the homepage, saved it as index.html, then made that into the gallery, saved that as gallery.html. You get the idea. All the pages are built on the same exact layout with only the content between the header and footer being different.

But for some reason, the layout is in a different place on every page, and it's definitely noticeable when switching pages. You can see it for yourself here: http://bentcupcakes.com/

I checked all the pages in DW and everything is the same as far as I can tell. Header and footer centered, buttons left-aligned. There is absolutely no reason for the hopping. Does anyone here have any suggestions for fixing the problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2013 10:55 PM   in reply to GhostFrappe

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 10:55 PM   in reply to GhostFrappe

The difference between 'Contact' and 'Bio' is caused by the vertical scrollbar. This is acceptable.

The difference with 'Gallery' is caused by line numbers 9-11 as in

script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype.js"

script type="text/javascript" src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"
    script type="text/javascript" src="js/lightbox.js"

Adding a '<' and '>' to each of the above may help

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 11:56 PM   in reply to GhostFrappe

You can add the below to your css to get rid of the jumping from page to page where the content is shorter. This forces a vertical scrollbar. The reason for the jumping is that pages with little content have no vertical scrollbar

html

{

height: 101%;

}

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers