Skip navigation
thestorm545
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign trial crash/Error saving as PDF

Apr 30, 2013 10:10 PM

Tags: #crash #indesign #reinstall_trial_software #reinstall_indesign

I recently downloaded the InDesign CS6 trial to piece together a magazine I am creaing for my senior project. Its 20 pages, and it does use quite a few images. I first got the export error then tried replacing images with smaller versions. Didn't work. I then tried the "divide and conquer" method. I was able to export just the cover as a blurry, low quality PDF. When I tried exporting the cover and just my first spread (pages 2 and 3), I got the error again. When I tried to export the magazine as a whole, it stopped exporting at pages 4 and 5 (spread 2). I tried all sorts of quality differences, and closing programs. When I removed all images from spread 2 and 3, I still got the error.

I tried closing InDesign and then browsed the site for solutions. When I tried opening InDesign again I get the pop up box for Error: 16 telling me to uninstall and reinstall the product.

This is due very soon and my graduation sorta relies on this. I've been tampering with this for ages and I have no time to reamake it. Please help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 5:11 AM   in reply to thestorm545

It sounds like you "sort of" did a divide and conquer. Don't presume that the problem is on a particular page because the export stops there. Will pages 2 & 3 export alone? 4 & 5?   If it continues to fail with the images removed, it's likely that the problem is actually in the text. Try moving the text frames to the pasteboard (don't delete them) and see if it makes a difference.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 12:55 PM   in reply to thestorm545

I don't think that's a viable option for a trial on the same machine.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points