• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio out of sync in Flash Player 11

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On most sites that have embedded Flash video, the audio is way out of sync with the picture (by a second or more).

One example -

http://www.ora.tv/larrykingnow/keith-olbermann-1-0_sc5nygmh

Using Flash Player 11.7.700.169

Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8

How can I fix this?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No help so far. I can't believe I'm the only one having trouble with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I would recommend updating to our 11.7.700.202 release if you haven't already.  Next, please try updating your video drivers to the latest version, if you'd like I'd be happy to take a look at your dxdiag report to see what you have running.

Finally, sometimes video and audio problems are caused at a lower level and not directly related to Flash Player.  I recommend trying both of the links below to see how they perform.  If the problem exists with both, then Flash Player is most likely not the culprit as the HTML5 video link does not use Flash Player when playing.  You can verify the use of HTML5 by right clicking the HTML5 video and looking for the words "About HTML5" at the bottom of the context menu.

Fwiw, I just watched 15 minutes of this video with IE 10 on Windows 8 and the audio stayed in sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. The example videos are not good to test sync since the camera is moving around and no close-up lip sync, but they appear to be way out of sync. The Flash one definitely is, the HTML video ran slowly so it doesn't seem to be running in real time. I'm not sure how to generate the dxdiag report you mentioned. Here's what shows at Display Properties/Advanced/Graphics Properties dialog:

INTEL(R) EXTREME GRAPHICS REPORT

Report Date:  05/19/2013

Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 16:16:32

Driver Version:  6.14.10.4342

Operating System: Windows NT* 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Default Language: English

DirectX* Version: 9.0

Physical Memory: 1022 MB

Min. Graphics Memory: 1 MB

Max. Graphics Memory: 64 MB

Graphics Memory in use: 8 MB

Processor:  x86

Processor Speed: 2790 MHZ

Vendor ID:  0x8086

Device ID:  0x2562

Device Revision: 1

*   Output Devices Connected to Graphics Accelerator   *

Active Monitors:1

Does that help?  Again, I'm using Win XP and IE8. 

Thanks!

Steve

P.S. I got a notification that there is an update to Flash Player but every time I try to access it I get an error message, as if it can't connect to the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was finally able to get the update to work, and now the sync in better (not perfect, but better) with the Larry King video sample originally referenced. However, when I run the update it seems to only update the ActiveX version, not the plug in. In Flash Player settings it shows:

ActiveX version 11.7.700.202

Plug-In version 11.6.602.168

Why does the Plug-In not get updated at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. re: video driver, Windows reports that I have the latest version it could find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVSteve1 wrote:

re: video driver, Windows reports that I have the latest version it could find.

Windows rarely updates device drivers; check this topic http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get the updates for both versions of Flash Player here:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i still cannot find an updated driver that will work with my sound device (SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio on Dell Dimension 2400, Win XP).  I'm going to try finding new audio codecs for XP.  Can anyone tell me what sound format or audio codecs are used by Flash Player? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this?

anything that uses flash player the audio is a few seconds out ahead of the video as OP stated.

For me anything in HTML5 runs smooth and clean, synched, no studder, nice.

This is true with IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Adobe rep said if it happens in both then not Flash, well it only happens in flash, what now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ONLY place I see this is with my P.O.S. Windows 8 machine. But I can't even get video on my hard drive to sync with that thing, so I just quit using it for playback. Win 8 is junk. I have a 2.6 gHz Dual Core AMD processor, with 1Gb VRAM and 8Gb system RAM in that laptop. The hardware can handle it, it's the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never been able to see any videos with audio in sync. The only reasons I haven't followed up here are: 1. I gave up trying to get any help from Adobe. and 2. Adobe locked me out of the site, apparently they don't like anyone reporting problems with their "perfect" software.

I have 2 computers with XP, both of which have updated codecs, and the audio is out of sync on virtually every Flash video. Adobe just doesn't care. That's what happens when you have a monopoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it'd be tough to get Adobe to act. Despite huge amounts of forum issues and a growing thread relating to it's performance post version 11.5 they do nothing. They think their software is perfect just because it probably works ok on their small suite machines (coded with these in mind) but I think their overall QA testing is sadly lacking. It's easy to blame drivers or microsoft who then in turn try to blame Adobe. The user in the middle is the one who suffers. Whatever the issue, if HTML5 runs smooth and videos/dvds locally run fine then there is no doubt as to where the problem lies - Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a good example:

http://www.flixxy.com/100-movie-quotes-american-film-institute.htm

The audio is SEVERAL SECONDS out of sync with the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching I cannot find a newer video driver. Still many videos (such as YouTube) out of sync, can't figure how to tweak my XP system to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem at file reproduction in the MP4 format (H264,AAC).
I tried on 10 computers in different Operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7,FreeBSD,Ubuntu), everywhere isn't present synchronization in FlashPlayer.
Through other player (VLC,MPC-HC. ) synchronization errors aren't present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible Temporary Fix

I've had the same problem for about the same amount of time, a quick temporary fix that seems to work for me most of the time is to open the task manager (ctrl+shft+del). While playing the video sort by cpu usage, the browser and related processes should sort toward the top. Set the priority one higher, i assume like mine they'll be set at default to normal so go to above normal (there can be more than one process). It seems to work best for me with chrome plus all chrome processes seem to be named chrome while others can have different names like plugincontainer for firefox, If in doubt end the process and see if you can still watch the video (Reboot reloads all processes if you closed something important). Temporary because the priority reverts to it's original setting when the program is closed so if this causes more problems or doesn't work just restart the browser or reboot and you'll only have wasted 5 min.  I also am running XP on an older computer but everything else runs fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the answer right here try these settings it worked for  meDwm 2014-08-04 16-27-58-19.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2014 Aug 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get that settings box to appear?

I'm not creating a video, just trying to view them on the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2014 Oct 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well all you have to do is go to Publish Settings on the right.

Let me know this should work for all versons

come see my channel if you want for me supporting you. You don't have too if you dont all right your welcome.

Ran D ass Studio Productions - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we must be talking about two different things. when i right click on a video, the setting or global settings say nothing about Publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's in the interface to the left if you don't see it then open the window called properties from the windows panel

let me know if you have still the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you're just asking for a malware infection.  Please upgrade to a current version of Flash and turn on automatic updates.

Once you have a current version of Flash Player, if you're still having the A/V sync problem, then work through the video troubleshooting guide, here:

Please work through the video troubleshooting guide.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If you're still stuck, please follow the directions in the guide on providing the dxdiag report and additional information about what you tested and saw, and provide a link to an affected video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok J you must not have this problem but I will say that his audio settings are on the default setting and he needs to change that from MP3 to Speech it works alot more better you will see that everything will be in sync. How I know is that I had the same problem and fixed it.so steven If you can figure it out Please let know if you want me to make a tutorial, and the video won't be long so it should do well.

Just let me know. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines