Skip navigation
Cobalt78
Currently Being Moderated

I can't create a To Be Read First in DVD format but works in flash format

May 1, 2013 4:33 AM

Tags: #dvd #build #encore_cs6

Hi

I create my project with an intro to be read first (the first chapter) and go to Main Menu.

In Flow chart OK

In PreView OK

If I build it using Flash It works like a charme

If I build it in DVD image The To Be Read First is not read. The DVD goes directly to Main Menu ...

Encore CS6, windows 8

Any Help

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 4:36 AM   in reply to Cobalt78

What have you set for first play?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 7:02 AM   in reply to Cobalt78

Please post a screenshot of your flowchart.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 7:46 AM   in reply to Cobalt78

I don't see a problem. Sometimes, when users set the end action of the main menu to itself it has produced results similar to yours. Normally the end action of a menu is set to "stop," since it runs forever and does not reach its end action. You do have end actions on your submenus, and they appear to go back to the main menu. You may intend this. But I don't see a button on the submenus that goes back to the main menu.

Just as a test, I would change the submenus to "stop."

The more likely problem is that your intro appears to be chapter one of your main timeline. You could try adding a single asset/single asset timeline and use that for the intro. See if that removes the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 11:29 AM   in reply to Cobalt78

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 11:30 AM   in reply to Cobalt78

In DVD:

Created a Menu with the intro in video. KO

I'm not sure what this means. What did you actually do: Created a new project, added a menu, etc?

This is not a common problem.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 11:40 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

I'm thinking Cobalt78 wants part of his video, i.e., Chapter 1 to be the intro before his main menu is shown. It might be done if he links an end action chapter mark at the end of his intro to the main menu. It might be better if he makes the intro as a separate video file, defines it as first play, linking to the main menu. At least that is how I interpreted what he was trying to do.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 12:01 PM   in reply to cvid01

Yes, I think that is what he wants. And he appears to have that (works in preview; works in flahs), but occassionally the burned DVD behaves differently. I usually suspect a corrupt project, and trashing cache files etc helps. But that also leads, often enough, to a do over.

His experiments reported in post 6 left me wondering what was working and what not.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 12:59 PM   in reply to Cobalt78

Are these in a new project with no other assets than what you are using to test?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 1:46 PM   in reply to Cobalt78

Sorry; I can't read the name of the asset that is the intro. I don't see any other timelines?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 3:02 PM   in reply to Cobalt78

The last flowchart shows the timeline for the intro as Ecole2012_20..., same as in the earlier intro. My suggestion was for adding an asset (I want something that Encore has not had in the project so far) and for that to be the only thing on the timeline used for the intro (so a new timeline with a name that has not been used in this project).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points