Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

tint effect

May 1, 2013 5:36 AM

I have two layers.  One is a duplicate of the the other.  When I use the tint effect on one it effects both.  Is there a way to only effect the copy?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 6:55 AM   in reply to Arrakis

If you apply the effect to the layer and THEN duplicate it, the effect will be on both layers.

If you duplicate the layer, then apply the effect to only one of the layers -- double check that only one layer is highlighted -- the effect will be on just one layer.

Please confirm you did one or the other.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 11:02 AM   in reply to Dave LaRonde

Unless there's a hole in your top layer or the layers have some blend mode applied or the layers are in a different position you will only see the top layer. Think of the timeline as pile of postcards. If there's not a hole in the top one you cant see the one beneath it. Does that make sense?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 3:33 PM   in reply to Arrakis

But I just discovered if I tint the one on top the bottom one doesnt get tinted.

mmmmm..... it sounds like a minor case of operator error.  Just double-and-triple-check all the steps you took, and I'm pretty certain a small goof will show up.

One way to check: if you start this over from scratch in a brand-new comp, does it STILL happen?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points