Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Swatches do not transfer to a new document

May 1, 2013 7:10 AM

I created a document in AICS6. I duplicated the document in AICS6 resulting in two identical documents, "A" and "B." I created six color swatches in document "A" and named them. I saved this file and drew six little squares and filled them with each of the six swatches. I saved the file. I copied the little squares from document "A" and pasted them into document "B," its clone. The names of the swatches did not transfer to document "B" nor did they appear in the swatch palette under any name.

They are nothing more than CMYK combinations in document "B." This is absurd, but not unexpected from such an horrible piece of software as AI. Is there some preference I need to invoke? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and that it is really simple. I just don't have the time to figure it out. Thanks in advance for any help on this (by the way, this has always worked in previous versions of AI.)

Thanks,

MHBrown

Mac OS 10.8.3

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 7:24 AM   in reply to Michael Brown12

In document A, click on the swatches one at a time and check the Global checkbox. They'll transfer then.

Take care, Mike

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 10:45 AM   in reply to Michael Brown12

Could be worse. They might not have ever kludged it in to begin with.

Take care, Mike

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points