Skip navigation
KathyKamera
Currently Being Moderated

Pixaely pictures

May 1, 2013 9:25 AM

Tags: #help

A friend of mine emailed me some photos of her future granddaughter that she received from overseas through the adoption agency and they are somewhat pixely so I'd like to know if anyone can suggest what I can do to clarify the photos?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 9:52 AM   in reply to KathyKamera

You can't add back what is not there in any photo.  There are some filters and effects that adjust portraits to give the illusion of softer skin, if that's what you want. 

There are two web sites with forums where people will apply their best skills to improve a photo if the cause is worthy.  One is called Ugly Hedgehog and the other is a software and retouching section at dpreview.com

Good luck!  My wife and I adopted two children from overseas.  The challenges were unbelievable and overwhelming.

Bill

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2013 6:59 AM   in reply to KathyKamera

........  Thanks again and I hope your enjoying your bundles from overseas

Kathy

They're both about 40 now.  One is OK the other a wreck.  In order to adopt, parents have to convince themselves their skills will be great enough to mold and shape a personality.  After awhile they have to accept that the gene set in the child is by far the dominant influence their abilities, attitudes and outlook. 

Back to the topic....  If you want, put the picture on dropbox or somewhere and I would be happy to try some photoshop on it.  I'm fairly low on the experience scale, but you never know!

Bill

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points