Skip navigation
billhercus
Currently Being Moderated

Blue Color Cast when Printing

May 1, 2013 9:27 AM

Tags: #photoshop #problem #color #canon #print #lr4

I have just carefully calibrated (again) my Canon Pro 9000 Mk11 Printer and Asus Pro Art screen using Spyder equipment.

Printing in LR4.4 consistently produces a blue cast.  I moved to Elements 11 and using the same just created profile printed the same picture/file.

No color cast.

I have LR5 Beta also so I printed same on it.  No color cast - to all intents and purposes identical to Elements 11.

'Perceptual' setting used throughout and no 'Print Adjustment' used in LR.

I am using Windows 8 64bit.

Why should LR4 only produce a color cast?  The settings have been carefully checked ...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 10:02 AM   in reply to billhercus

Check your settings in the Canon Driver just to be double sure.

5-1-2013 12-00-53 PM.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 10:06 AM   in reply to billhercus

If you are using the same settings through out, as far as profiles, most likely something has gone a bit haywire with LR4. Try recreating the preference files for the application. Just delete or rename the old ones and let LR create new ones: http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-locations-lightroo m-4.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 10:33 AM   in reply to billhercus

And how is it set on the screen I showed?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 10:40 AM   in reply to billhercus

Then what does your LR Print Job Panel look like in LR 4.4>

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 12:06 AM   in reply to Brett N

Hello:

I'm not sure of site etiquite, whether I should ask another's advice about a separate problem, but my dilemma is so much like this and I have not been able to fix it on my own nor with Adobe or Epson's tech support.

I too am getting out of my printer only prints that have a blue cast to them. My printer is an Epson r2000. I print from Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CS 6 or now its Creative Cloud equivalent. Yesterday, the i7 laptop I have been using for photo editing (with a better monitor attached) started producing only bluish prints--intended to be black and white (the max whites are white but everything else has a blue cast). It also was apparent in color prints when I tested that alternative. I was not too concerned because yesterday FedEx also delivered a gonzo new desktop computer that I had ordered just for photo editing. I thought, "Well, I'll install all my Adobe stuff there and migrate the Lightroom files and everything will be OK." But, immediately, the blue-cast problem showed up on the new computer. I thought I probably "migrated" the problem when I brought over my catalog, images and settings from the laptop.

I reinstalled the newly installed printer driver and reinstalled the latests ICC files for the papers I use (Ilford Gold Fiber Silk and Gold Fiber Mono), but the problem persisted. I didn't yet know about blowing off the preset files.

I spent a lot of time on the phone with Epson yesterday and chatted at length (1 hour 39 minutes) online with Adobe tech support today. Adobe had me do what you recommended--blow off the preset files and begin again, all to no avail. On my own, I again deleted and reinstalled the printer driver and wiped out the preset files.

Still, I get a bluish overlay on my prints.

After reading your posts, I meticulously checked my settings. Everything seems alright.

I did one other thing. I printed images that had not been imported to lightroom in Windows Photo View through the same 13-inch Epson. They came out perfect.

Now, I just don't know what to do next. Epson and Adobe support have done their apparent best. I live in a small town at the end of the Columbia River where I am looked upon as one of the computer problem solvers (a degree in Literature notwithstanding).

I've thought of blowing off lightroom 5 and going back to version 4, but, as I understand it, that would mean losing all my metadata for some 40,000 images dating back to 1966, most of which I had to plug in by hand since they are from scanned negatives.

Do you have any advice?

I am a little anxious because I am supposed to have prints ready for a show opening on July 27.

Thank you in advance for any advice you may offer.

Paul

------------------

Paul Haist

Astoria, Oregon

503-780-3379

paulh@paulhaist.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status