Skip navigation
Alex DeJesus 496 posts
Jul 25, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Encore No Build DVD

May 1, 2013 12:46 PM

Tags: #encoding_fail

DVD No Export.jpgTrying to build a DVD image, but I keep getting this message and a fail. I had previously burned direct to disk. Went back into Encore after making a few edits. I am working with Dynamically linked sequences from Premiere. Project setting is initially for Bluray, but I am trying to burn a DVD version as well from the same project. There is nothing in the program that does not match aspect ratio

Seems to be burning a Bluray image okay. I got no items in the Check Project window

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 12:51 PM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

1 - BluRay to DVD does not always work well... http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885601

2 - Dynamic Link also sometimes has problems

I don't have any other saved links (I don't do BluRay) but I have read "some" messages that indicate doing two projects... one BluRay and the other DVD... is the "best" way

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 5:52 PM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

As I remember, the discussion concerned not only the video assets needing to be transcoded into the DVD resolution... the menus also needed to be transcoded into DVD, and THAT is where the process hit a big problem... the menus did not go from BluRay to DVD very well

So... two projects with two different sets of menus... and BluRay assets transcoded out of PPro as MPEG2-DVD

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points