Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"Update All" Document Library Symbols as Command Script

May 1, 2013 2:33 PM

Tags: #document #symbols #update_plugin #shortcut_keys #batch_process #common_library

Hi!, I am currently trying to automate the update of my Document Library (multiple symbols) from a master document into multiple files across which uses symbols from the master fireworks file. (Fireworks CS5, OSX)

I am able to create a batch command from the history when I (select the symbol > menu > update...), however the history doesnt record when I select all the symbols (because I'm selecting them manually shift+click), it only records the update command, so whenever I use the command on a file that I want to update it only updates the last symbol in the list of the library.

I've been searching but haven't found any work arounds to this, This adobe guide

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/fireworks/cs/using/WS4c25cfbb1410b0021e63e 3d1152b00db4b-7fd4.html#WS069596B9-74F1-4054-9EBA-71224FD80B38

suggests that:

"Note: To update all imported symbols, select all the symbols in the Document Library panel and select Update."

However I can't batch this if I have to select all the symbols manually. Is there a shortcut I can use to select all symbols in the Document Library? or even just a short cut to SHIFT+ARROW DOWN to select multiple symbols?

I have also tried using John Dunning's Fireworks Extension "UpdateSymbols" (Amazing work)

http://johndunning.com/fireworks/about/UpdateSymbols

however I have had the same results, updates only to the last symbol of the library, plus changes are not reflected on the view unless you go into the symbol and back out again.

I guess my main question would be if anyone knows a way to select all (or multiple select - navigate arrow down/up + shift) all items in a fireworks list (i.e. document library)

Any help and / or suggestions are greatly appreciated

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points