Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Digital Publishing Suite Help | What’s new in this release

May 1, 2013 6:34 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2013 6:34 PM   in reply to Community Help

Thank you guys,

It would be also nice to have an online purchase option for a smaller bundle of 2,000 fulfillments, please.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 2:01 AM   in reply to Community Help

PDF support for Android! The best way to automatically create folios from print PDF's is ready for this new feature: go to PDFtoTablet.com and register for a trial.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 2:43 AM   in reply to Community Help

This v28 marks the end of the immersive feeling a Folio could offer the user. In stead of having a truly full-screen experience, there's always that iOS7 system bar in sight. At least, that's what I understand from this documentation. So there's no way to prevent users to be distracted by anything unrelated in their screen. That's a real pity !

Some might think this is just a trivial change with eventually minor impact, but I think being able to present content over the whole screen is a crucial factor in distinguishing a Folio from other publishing formats like a web page.

Does this requirement also affect other apps like e-readers or games ?

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,643 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 15, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to Peter Villevoye

Note that this system bar appears only when you tap to display the navigation bars. The top bars require 64 pixels instead of 44 (or 128 instead of 88 on iPad 3). When the navigation bars aren't displayed the designed still covers the whole area. Displaying the system bar is an iOS 7 requirement.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 9:56 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

That's a relief !

I haven't had the chance of testing it yet, so the change really worried me.

Glad that DPS still offers the same full-screen experience as always !

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points