Skip navigation
timoteo1
Currently Being Moderated

Is the MVM .tmp file issue STILL not fixed by Adobe.

May 2, 2013 2:34 AM

I've read the entire 3 pages of the 16 temp files from hell thread (as well as some others), and was extremely disappointed to see that this issue still has not been resolved.  It definitely writes these files to the drive with the most space.  This is a major annoyance for a number of reasons (which were covered by various users in that thread) and it is completely unacceptable after literally YEARS that this has not been resolved.

I actually am noticing these files when using AFTER EFFECTS, so it is an "Adobe-wide" issue, not just relegated to Photoshop.  I don't know if it happens with PS for me or not (I'm assuming it does).  But I wanted to post here because it is the exact same problem, and the discussion appears to be only in the PS discussions.

Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-Tim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2013 6:58 AM   in reply to timoteo1

Is this a Windows-only issue?

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to timoteo1

Not an authority on subject but think the issue is very low on Adobe priority.  It is a nusiance, but does not cause problems so they will probably ignore it.  Deleting mvm files seems to cause no problems.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 11:24 AM   in reply to timoteo1

That was fixed a year ago.

CS6 writes the Mondo scratch files to the same drives as Photoshop scratch.

Of course, After Effects and other apps may not have picked up all the updated plugins.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 11:47 PM   in reply to timoteo1

Yes, it was fixed in CS6. No, we will not be putting out patches for older versions.

The MVM files (Mondo VM) - Mondo is the framework for many of our plugins.

I mean that AE didn't pick up the updated plugin code from Photoshop.

It is caused by most of the Photoshop plugins that have any UI.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2013 12:53 AM   in reply to timoteo1

timoteo1,

…When you say AE, etc. may not have picked up all the updated plugins, what do you mean exactly?…

It seems to me Mr. Cox is just referring to "the other teams".

Inconsistency between or among applications in the artificial "suites" should come as no surprise.

The "suite" concept is a fabrication of Adobe marketing and bean-counting types.  The engineering teams are totally independent of each other, they are not only in different buildings but in different cities and states of the American Union, even in different countries.

The fact that they have little if any communication among them is highlighted by requests occasionally made in these forums by top Adobe engineers to let the other teams know when there are problems in one application that impact our workflow in another one.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2013 7:26 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

Hi

You are saying that was fixed year ago. I'm using the latest Photoshop Elements (11) and have the same issue. So it wasn't fixed even in Photoshop only familly.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to msmolka

Elements is yet another team, and they also are not always up to date with the Photoshop codebase.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2013 11:31 AM   in reply to msmolka

msmolka wrote:

…I'm using the latest Photoshop Elements (11) and have the same issue. So it wasn't fixed even in Photoshop only familly…

You may want to post in the Elements forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements?view=discussions

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points