Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Automate batch errors when adding watermark (CS6)

May 2, 2013 1:40 AM

Tags: #errors #actions #automate_batch

I'm trying add a watermark to approx. 8,000 images by batching the process. However, it only does about 400. The 2 errors that are logged are:

Could not complete your request because of a program error. (-1)

Could not complete the command because the selected area is empty. (-25570)

Here's a screenshot of the action that I'm using: http://i.imgur.com/GkwSdP5.jpg

Any ideas?

EDIT: It seems to stop at the 'Fill' part of the action by the way..

Replies
  • JJMack
    6,051 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    May 2, 2013 5:44 AM   in reply to sineadheery

Looking at your screen capture of a portion of your action I see you make a new empty layer and move it to a named layer "layer 0". This looks like a Photoshop generated layer name was this layer created by this action or does the action expect the layer to exist. You can not always count on Photoshop generating the same name every time an action runs.  If your batching this action on layered image files like Tiff, PSD, PSB "Layer 0" may exist when you action runs Photoshop may generate name "Layer 1" instead of layer or you convert a background layer could you post the entire action and layers palette its hard to guess what is going on seeing part of and action and have no Intel of the current document????

When recording an action it is better to select layer in a relative manor rather then by name.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,051 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    May 3, 2013 4:42 AM   in reply to sineadheery

The image you posted do not seem to ones capture at the point of failure.

That a look at my crafting Actions Package hse some good guideline

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 14, 2012 Changed AspectRatioSelection Plug-in script added Path support.

Contains

Example

Download

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,051 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    May 3, 2013 5:55 AM   in reply to sineadheery

Capture your Photoshop screen at that point of failure and post the screen capture. Make sure the Actions palette and layers palette are visible in the screen capture.

Also look at all the image files your trying to batch make sure all are a single layer file the does not have a background layer and the layer it does have has the name Layer 0.  I believe that means the files can not be jpeg file if that is the complete story and action which I fine hard to believe for the action starts with paste.  Something had to be done to have something in the clipboard????

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,051 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    May 3, 2013 6:51 AM   in reply to sineadheery

From that screen capture it looks like your trying to fill an area outside the image 1000px x 1000px area starting as x 1364?????

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2013 6:56 AM   in reply to sineadheery

JJ is correct but you don't need to make a white background at all. JPEG will automatically be white where the document was transparent.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2013 7:13 AM   in reply to sineadheery

Well, if you want to fill a layer with foreground or background colour then just use the "fill with foreground colour" or "fill with background colour" commands instead of clicking a location with Paint Bucket Tool. Option/Alt-Backspace and Command/Ctrl-Backspace are the shortcuts.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,051 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    May 3, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to conroy

Also there are thing you left out for example how the watermark with transparency got into the clipboard in the first place.  Where the batch image are coming from how the were created to begin width what the sizes are.  Also the watermark does not look like the action is positioning it or sizing it.  The action looks like it may only work on image around a particular size and aspect ratio. If you look at the sample watermarking action im my package you will see it will watermark just about any size document sizing and positioning the watermarks.  Yes the action uses a couple of utility scripts I wrote but they only used to save and restored  Photoshop setting and document resolution so the Action was free to change setting and scale the document without resampling it so pixels would not change.   The only way I know how to handle size to to scale a document to a known size work at that size then restore the document to it original scale.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points