Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can I use Bridge SDK to surface content from database?

May 2, 2013 6:03 AM

Tags: #bridge #sdk #cs6

I'm currently looking for a solution that my users can easily work with a set of files (mainly images) stored in an external database. I wonder if developing a Bridge extension would do the trick.

My database has an API and a structure similar to a folder tree. Is it possible to connect to this database from Bridge (users should have a button for that)? Or does the Bridge SDK only allow me to define actions to be triggered by the user on files already shown in Bridge?

If this is not the correct forum, please post a link to the correct one. I'm a bit lost in the forum structure, too :-)

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2013 6:41 AM   in reply to Sebastian Stein

If this is not the correct forum, please post a link to the correct one. I'm a bit lost in the forum structure, too

Not a clue if it is possible at all but maybe you can try the XMP - SDK-Forum.

I mainly use email for my participation on this forum but you are right, after a quick glance on the bridge Forum website itself it is not easy to find your way in the Adobe forums…

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2013 7:02 AM   in reply to Sebastian Stein

I would think it would be difficult and you would need a very experienced programmer.

There is an example of an external lib in the SDK that is C++ apart from that the only other language is extendScript Adobe's version of JavaScript, I suppose you could use sockets?

Edit: also there are numerous problems in UI programing with CS6 that Adobe refuse to acknowledge and still exist 12 months on!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points