Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS6 version conflict

May 2, 2013 9:48 AM

I have had Creative Cloud since it came out and love it. However, Dreamweaver CS6 in the Creative Cloud suite does not have support for Coursebuilder to output to SCORM 1.2 as well as the manifest maker, etc. So, I had to purchase the eLearning Suite that includes Dreamweaver CS6 with Coursebuilder, etc. However, after downloading and installing it there was a conflict apparently between the two. I was told to uninstall the Creative Cloud s/w, then run a patch for the Application Manager and download all the s/w again. I did that. Now I am unable to startup the Creative Cloud Dreamweaver version to deactivate it as I was told to do. I get an error message and it refuses to launch. At this time I am downloading a trail version from Adobe.com. I see two issues here... this is most likely an Adobe department issue between suites and it adversely affects us customers who need to do elearning. I paid a big price just to buy the extensions I need to publish to SCORM. Now I have spent days trying to get the s/w to even run. I don't need duplicates of Flash, Photoshop etc. that I already have with the Cloud suite and certainly don't need the unfinished and buggy Captivate. All the products I need are in the Cloud suite EXCEPT I can't publish to SCORM. Does any one know how to resolve this conflict. The only thing I can see is to run a second machine.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2013 10:19 AM   in reply to otterstream

Moved from the Creative Cloud to the Dreamweaver forum. They will be able to help you here.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    May 3, 2013 12:44 AM   in reply to otterstream

If it is a version conflict caused due to multiple instances/ installations of Perpetual (Regular) and a Cloud app, you can run the CS Cleaner from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html to clean previous traces of Creative Suite Perpetual apps - ensure you only choose to clean 'Dreamweaver'. If you see 2 versions of the same it could be because 1 is from Perpetual license and the other from Cloud.

Also, you were saying you get an error message. Can you post that here so we can see what is resulting in the error?

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    May 4, 2013 10:18 PM   in reply to otterstream

otterstream wrote:

I have just tried to use the Application Manager to download and update Dreamweaver CS6 from the Cloud suite. The installation failed. Here is the log file printout below. What should I do?

There's no log with this post. If you're trying to e-mail as an attachment, it wont come through. Please visit this thread from your computer and post log content.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2013 10:33 PM   in reply to otterstream

Nice thanks for sharing i will share it with my friends.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 7:49 PM   in reply to otterstream

Please post the log files so that we can investigate and find the cause of the install failure.

Logs location can be found here : http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 11:09 PM   in reply to otterstream

Hi,

Our support engineers should be getting in touch with you shortly. Let us know how it went.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 11:15 PM   in reply to otterstream

We are unable to see the logs here.

Please upload the log files using Dropbox or to our FTP

FTP details  are :

The Adobe FTP site is: sjftp.adobe.com

Account to log in to: cust-ul

Password: $Bcd7531xw
      Note: This password is an expiring password.

To upload a file, use a dedicated FTP application; you cannot upload files using a browser.
    The recommended, free FTP applications are:
    For Windows: Cyberduck
    For Mac: Transmit
    or
    Cyberduck

If the above links don't work, use the following:
    Cyberduck: http://cyberduck.ch/
    Transmit: http://www.panic.com/transmit/

When you log in, you are in the custupload folder. Locate the folder dreamweaver_test and upload your files into that folder.

Install Logs can be found here :

• Windows 32 bit (XP, Vista, 7): \Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\

• Windows 64 bit (XP, Vista, 7): \Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

• Mac OS: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 6:35 PM   in reply to otterstream

Thanks Jan, we are reviewing the log files and will get back to you shortly.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 3:42 PM   in reply to otterstream

Contacted the customer and troubleshooted the issue.

Checked the log file and found that the IMSLib.dll file was corrupt in C:\Program files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Cs6ServiceManager

Hence followed the below troubleshooting steps:-

1) Uninstalled Dreamweaver CS6

2) Deleted the CS6Servicemanager folder

3) Re-installed the Dreamweaver CS6

After that updated the application and it worked.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 5:59 PM   in reply to otterstream

Great Jan, good to know that your applications (Dreamweaver) are working now.

In case you have any other concerns, do let us know.

We accept your feedback and will definitely work further to improve your experience with Adobe.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points