Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Export to Blu-ray: Windows only?

May 2, 2013 12:42 PM

On page 464 of the CS6 PDF it states:

Send to Encore for DVD, Blu-ray Disc, or SWF file creation

You can send video from any sequence into Adobe Encore for output to DVD, Blu-ray Disc (Windows only), or a SWF file.

That middle phrase can't be true, or is it? I'm on a Mac running the Adobe Master Suite, and it never entered my head that I couldn't make a Blu-ray.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2013 1:20 PM   in reply to Guy Burns

All it means is that you can't use the "Send to Encore" (dynamic link) for a bluray. Just open Encore and import an exported file. Many users prefer this to dynamic link for Bluray.

As to whether it is true (PC here), no idea.

You could also try opening Encore and use File -> Adobe Dynamic Link -> PR sequence to see if by some very odd circumstance you can dynamic link from that end. But I suspect not.

Edit: I did not find such a limitation in Encore help. The "windows only" appears only once in the pdf - unrelated to this topic.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 1:57 PM   in reply to Guy Burns

AFAIK, Steve hated BD so much that he did not include that option in any MAC. The same applies to eSATA. Just some advantages of PC over MAC, or the other way around.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 8:49 PM   in reply to Harm Millaard

I've created lots of Blu-rays on a Mac with no issues. You just need an external burner, that's all.

Tip: if you need AC3 audio encode it in Compressor then bring it into Encore.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 10:03 PM   in reply to Guy Burns

I tried File > Adobe Dynamic Link and I was able to send to Encore as a Blu-ray. Obviously an error in the PDF to say that it can't be done on a Mac.

Excellent!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points