Skip navigation
rml97
Currently Being Moderated

Get Fluid Grid Div Handles Back

May 2, 2013 12:52 PM

I was wondering how to get the green Fluid Grid Handle Divs back. My designer had played around with the file and I am guessing he manually changed one of the columns because one of the divs is no longer green. I was wondering how I can change it back to a fluid grid div again (green)?

Thanks for your help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2013 2:26 PM   in reply to rml97

Go to Window > Visual Aids or click on the EYE icon.  Enable Fluid Grid Layout Guides.

If your designer tampered significantly with the Fluid Grid CSS Layout, it might not be possible to revert back again.  Always keep backups of files.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 3:08 PM   in reply to rml97

I'm guessing your "Designer" messed this up. 

Can you post a URL to the problem page?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 4:02 PM   in reply to rml97

Start over.  Clearly your designer doesn't have a clue how to work with FGLs.   And I can't blame him/her too much.  These layouts are very tricky, even for the most experienced web designers.

I highly recommend you NOT tamper with FluidGrid.css or Boilerplate.css.  Use a separate external style sheet for content styles.   That way, if something goes wrong, it won't spoil your entire layout and you can easily revert back.

Build mobile layout first.  Everything else is based on this.  Then Tablet and finally desktop.

Before handing files over to someone else ALWAYS save dated backups in case you ever need them. 

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points