Skip navigation
dbevill
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Elements

May 2, 2013 1:53 PM

Will Adobe Elements work on a computer that is NOT connected to the internet?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2013 3:15 PM   in reply to dbevill

Yes, but you must let it go online one time to activate itself or it will stop after 30 days. Aside from that, in PSE 11 the only thing that requires an interet connection is anything in the album templates or the graphics panel that has a blue banner across one corner. Those items must be downloaded the first time you use them. After that they reside on your computer, whether you have an internet connection or not. In older versions of PSE it's anything with a blue or gold banner.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to dbevill

Yes, it must contact adobe one time to send information about the computer on which it is installed. This is the case for all versions from PSE 8 onwards.

EDIT Activation is a "silent" process. You have no way to interfere in it, for good or ill. There is no form to fill out, no number to type, so no, they can't give you an activation over the phone, I'm afraid.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2013 3:19 PM   in reply to dbevill

Yes, I'm afraid that's the situation. Personally, I think activation annoys legit users to no purpose while not stopping pirates for even 30 seconds, but that's not how adobe sees it, unfortunately.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points