Skip navigation
computer tadpole
Currently Being Moderated

Graphics driver issues with PE 11 -update needed?

May 2, 2013 3:27 PM

Tags: #problem #help #11 #premiere_elements #driver #windows_7_64_bit #graphics_driver

Help, help, Received this message on PE  11 when I opened it yesterday.  " We have detected an incompatible display driver, please update your display driver.  I'm using PE 11 and Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 3.0.0 - Build 9.18.10.3071."    When I go to Intel website, it says I have the latest display driver.  Everything worked fine in PE 11 until yesterday when I got that incompatibility message, and now my PE videos show white screen but audio is there.  I have tried updating all drivers and they say I have the most current one.  I'm Windows 7 64 bit on a Samsung series 7 Chronos laptop (six months old).   Any help where to turn?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to computer tadpole

By searching in this forum on words : 'incompatibl driver', you will find recommandation to solve your issue :

1 update the driver, if necessary

2 delete the baddrivers.txt file as indicated in some links in the forum.

Bonne chance

JM

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 10:24 AM   in reply to computer tadpole

Copying from one of my previous posts with the exact workaround that worked for you..

The fact that it solved it for you should only be an indication that there is a display driver issue. Getting the correct display drivers before a Premiere Elements video editing session is very important. There could be other inexplicable issues because of bad drivers. This should at best be considered a temporary solution. We have seen that this fixes the problem for most of the people, but there are others who have benefited only from a vendor-supplied-display-driver-update.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 12:30 PM   in reply to computer tadpole

computer tadpole

Thanks for the follow up on your display card error message.

You went by the book

a. checking for latest version of driver at web site of video card manufacturer

and then

b. did that great BadDrivers.txt deletion which resolved the problem in that the display card error disappeared

That is what happened to me when I was using Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1. I went through the above drill. And, the BadDrivers.txt deletion proved a permanent fix. I have not had to repeat the fix since then (now 2013).

But VDOSurfer reply and comments, including

There could be other inexplicable issues because of bad drivers. This should at best be considered a temporary solution.

took me to ask the following. Hopefully your case will be one of those permanently fixed (within reasonable expectations). But could you keep a watch for the message reappearing and its reappearance being associated with a particular video format being introduced in the project?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points