Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

After Effects crashes when opening project

May 2, 2013 7:49 PM

Hey guys.

I was working on a project just fine until when I went to open it this morning. When I open it, AE crashes with either this message:

Snap 2013-05-03 at 01.43.35.png

OR this message:

Snap 2013-05-03 at 02.04.36.png

and finally ends with a message like this:

Snap 2013-05-03 at 01.44.01.png

There are no special plugins being utilized in the project I am working in, only several Illustrator files. I'm not sure how dynamic link has anything to do with this because i'm not using it with Premiere Pro. All I know is that the project worked fine when I closed it last night, and now this is happening. It's a paid job as well, so it's very important that I can open it again.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling CS6 and my video card drivers. Just to be clear, AE opens just fine, it's only opening this specific project that gives the crash.

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate (updated)

Core i7 3770k

GeForce GTX 570 1.2 gb

16 gb ram

256gb SSD

1TB media drive

Thanks guys. I hope you can help me out.

Dan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2013 8:52 PM   in reply to dh91

Just thinking... Try rolling back your Win update. I was reading where the last win update was causing computers to cycle their boot. Over and over. Not that, THAT is your issue, however you will rule out the last update.

Your rig is fine for size

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 9:31 PM   in reply to dh91

Not the Adobe team, but the errors are all listed here:

http://www.myleniumerrors.com

Doesn't do you much good, though. The errors themselves are too vague and generic. Other than that try the usual - flush the media and disk cache, open the proejct with capslock enabled, import it into an empty project. also offline your footage source by renaming/ moving the folder, then manually use File --> Replace. If it's a specific file, that way you can find out which one... And finally, in the future learn the fine art of making back-ups and using versioning:

Work File Safety

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2013 10:08 AM   in reply to dh91

If it opens elsewhere, some specific plug-in might be involved. Anyway, I saw your post on Video CoPilot and you might do what Klaus did - open the file on the other system, disable all effects, try to open it.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2013 11:20 AM   in reply to Mylenium

There were just standard plugins involved and it seems the file still didn't open. Like the error message is saying: "Strange Situation"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points