Skip navigation
maram81
Currently Being Moderated

DPS App Builder Error

May 3, 2013 6:52 PM

Tags: #app #dps_publisher #dps_upload_problems

I get an error when i try to download the .ipa file for testing. it says "Process exited with error code 1" after i submit the .p12 file, password and provisioning file. Please advise.Screen Shot 2013-05-03 at 9.50.14 PM.png

Thank you.

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2013 1:01 AM   in reply to maram81

I'm getting the same thing.  I'm trying to update an app following instructions with the Adobe Step-by-Step Guide but then I get an Error Code 1 (as per Maram81 screenshot).  Please help!!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 7:31 AM   in reply to maram81

I'm also getting error code 1 when creating an app ( 2 renditions: one for iPad 1/2 and one for iPad3). I've checked all the article properties as @maram81 suggested and also made sure both folios have the same properties, but this doesn't work for me. Any other idea, what error code 1 means and how to fix the problem?

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 12:06 PM   in reply to maram81

I have the same error "code 1" and I've cheked all the articles two times, but doesn't work your suggestion.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 1:14 PM   in reply to ivives

Thanks to everyone for reporting this problem. I've asked the App Builder team to investigate, hopefully I will have an update tomorrow morning.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 2:11 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Same error problem here. Waiting on you update.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 7:37 AM   in reply to Gael-Thomas

Ok I have a workaround for everyone to try. This assumes you have already gone through the Create App process and have an app in your list in App Builder that refuses to download. Please do the following:

1) In Folio Builder Panel select the folio that matches the Single Edition application you're having trouble downloading

2) In the flyout menu select Create App...

3) When App Builder comes up click Cancel to escape out of the wizard (don't actually create a new app)

4) Try downloading your application again

This should force App Builder to re-sync what it knows about the folio to what InDesign created for the folio. Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the problem,

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 8:00 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Thanks Neil but that did not fix the problem for me...

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 8:05 AM   in reply to Gael-Thomas

Sorry, it didn't work for me, either.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 9:13 AM   in reply to alexandrawaske

Darn it Ok, the team will keep investigating.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 1:31 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Can you guys please send me log files? You can find them in the following locations:

• /Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.ViewerBuilder/Local Store/application.log
    • /Users/username/appbuilder.log

Mail them to neile@adobe.com. Thanks!

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 1:45 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

&&

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 5:15 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Hi Neil

I accidentally did this yesterday and it worked for me.  Hope you find a fix or another work around soon.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 5:38 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

I am having the same difficulties. I have emailed you my log files .. hopefully you can find something to fix the problem!

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to maram81

I have tried everything I could think of today to fix this issue. At first I thought it was a problem with the certificates or signing (which are NOT intuitive) as they failed in my error log (and appear to be case sensitive in XCode).

I tried the solution that maram81 put in.. without success - because I didn't complete the solution:

I got an App to download - by adding Title & Description to each Article (and the Folio), adding a V & H view (probably not that important).. but then very importantly selecting all the articles and hitting 'Update' within Folio Builder prior to 'Create App..'

Try it and see.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 8:04 AM   in reply to itommo7

Yes, thanks, I was just going to post your success here as well. For people having this issue please try the following new workaround steps.

1) In Folio Builder Panel select all of the articles in your folio and then select Update from the flyout menu

2) After the articles finish updating, in Folio Builder Panel select the folio that matches the Single Edition application you're having trouble downloading

3) In the flyout menu select Create App...

4) When App Builder comes up click Cancel to escape out of the wizard (don't actually create a new app)

5) Try downloading your application again

Once you've tried these steps please report back whether they worked. Also, thank you to everyone who provided log files, they are definitely helping with our investigation.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2013 3:19 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Tried few times but this did not work for me… still same error message

Le 8 mai 2013 à 17:05, Neil Enns - Adobe <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

Re: DPS App Builder Error

created by Neil Enns - Adobe in Digital Publishing Suite - View the full discussion

Yes, thanks, I was just going to post your success here as well. For people having this issue please try the following new workaround steps.

1) In Folio Builder Panel select all of the articles in your folio and then select Update from the flyout menu

2) After the articles finish updating, in Folio Builder Panel select the folio that matches the Single Edition application you're having trouble downloading

3) In the flyout menu select Create App...

4) When App Builder comes up click Cancel to escape out of the wizard (don't actually create a new app)

5) Try downloading your application again

Once you've tried these steps please report back whether they worked. Also, thank you to everyone who provided log files, they are definitely helping with our investigation.

Neil

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5301397#5301397

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: DPS App Builder Error

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: DPS App Builder Error. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Digital Publishing Suite by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 2:49 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

I tried this exactly as shown, but am still getting Error code 1.

Observation:

The very first time I created the folio and then created the app the download of the ipa file was the APP NAME.ipa

Each time I now download the .ipa file (and get the Error Code 1) the file name is no longer the name of the app but is:  developer-viewer.ipa

I even deleted the app and created a new app. Same error.

There is something not being reset here when the App Builder uses an updated folio.

[UPDATE:   I went back and DELETED the entire Folio and started from scratch, created the app, and successfully downloaded the .ipa file (which is the name of the app too)!

So, the problem is certainly pointing to the DPS App Builder having issues with an updated folio.]

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 9:43 AM   in reply to WGTN-WEB

Thanks to everyone for their patience while we work to resolve this. We finally reproduced the issue in-house with a folio provided by someone experiencing this error and are currently investigating the root cause.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 12:15 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Hi Neil,

is there any update to this problem? I've tried all workarounds you suggested, they don't work for me unfortunately. It's getting quite urgent now, because the app has to be submitted to Apple this week.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 12:59 AM   in reply to alexandrawaske

Hi All,

Yesterday with the assistance of the adobe team, I solved the error.

1st - Update (refreshing) all the articles ".indd".

2nd - Delete all the folder inside this folder (Only the folthers)

/Users/..../Library/Preferences/StageManager.BD092818F67280F4B42B04877 600987F0111B594.1/Local Store/dmp/

3rd - Download this file "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10701427/vb.cfg" and put it in your /Users/..../Documents directory.

4th - In the DPS app Builder elimine your folios, and close the aplication.

5th - Re-create the application from indesign.

And this is all.

I hope it works for you as fine as it did for me

PD: Sorry for my English it's very bad.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 4:20 AM   in reply to ivives

Hi ivives,

Thanks for your update. One question: Step 1 - do I only have to refresh the whole folio in Indesign or manually assign the .indd files again for each article?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 4:20 AM   in reply to maram81

Yes, I'm having the same problem, but for a Multi-Folio app. I've tried your solution Neil, but am still getting the "Process exited with error code 1" message.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 6:06 AM   in reply to alexandrawaske

Hi alexandrawaske,

In the Step 1 I open all the indd files review the links and re-save all and in folio builder menu click to update each articles files.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 7:54 AM   in reply to alexandrawaske

Alexandrawaske, you are refreshing the whole folio, not manually assigning the files again.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 7:58 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Also please make absolutely sure there are no extended/accented characters in your article names. We had a couple of customers hitting this error say they had no extended characters being used, but when we looked at the folios we could see there were, in fact, accented characters in use.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 8:08 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Hi Neil

What do you mean by extended/accented characters please?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 8:24 AM   in reply to PRSanderson

Anything with an accent on it.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 8:54 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Hi,

even ivives solution did't work for me. I really double checked all folio and article names (the titles are in German and have special characters, but not the article names). I noticed that everytime I hit the create app button in Indesgin, a whole bunch of messages appear in the shell, like this: [0x0-0x86086].com.adobe.InDesign: libpng warning: iTXt: CRC error. Could this have something to do with the app builder error?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 9:36 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Thanks for that Neil. I have updated/refreshed everything, have no extended/accented characters and am still getting this 'Process exited with error code 1' message.

On a positive note, I have been able to download the Android .apk file to my Nexus for testing, which looks good.

Any other suggestions for how to solve this error message would be greatly received. Maybe I've missed something. I'll give it another go tomorrow morning.

Many thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to PRSanderson

Ok we have a workaround that we confirmed works for people encountering this issue while building Single Edition applications. It took us longer than we expected to isolate the exact problem causing this, thanks for your patience.

If you are trying to build a Single Edition application and get "Error Code 1" when downloading your application from App Builder do the following:

1. Go to ~/Library/Preferences/StageManager.BD092818F67280F4B42B04877600987F01 11B594.1/Local Store/dmp/ in the Finder
    2. Delete the folder for the folio you are trying to build into a Single Edition application
    3. Go back to Folio Builder Panel in InDesign and re-build your folio
    4. After re-building the folio go to Create App... and build your application
    5. Immediately after building the application download and sign the app from App Builder

Do not edit the folio in Folio Builder panel between steps 4 and 5. In some situations we are seeing an edit between steps 4 and 5 result in incorrect information being passed to App Builder. We will work on a solution for that in release 27.

If you are building a multi-issue application and are encountering Error Code 1 you are hitting a different issue unrelated to the above and should contact Gold Support for assistance. To contact Gold Support log into http://digitalpublishing.acrobat.com/ and look in the bottom center of the screen for contact information.

Thanks again for your patience while we tried to sort out what is going on here.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 2:27 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Hi Neil,

I hate to say it but the latest workaround still doesn't work for me . I followed every step and even created a very simple single edition app consisting of just one article, one page and a simple title. So maybe the error code 1 in my problem has another cause. Please advise - our app needs to be submitted to Apple as soon as possible and I've already spent over a week trying to download the test app.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to alexandrawaske

If you are still getting the error after trying the above, even with a test app, then there's a strong possibility your certificates were not created properly. Have you followed the steps in http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ppcompdoc/Step_by_step_guide_to_dps_se.pdf to create all your certificates?

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Neil,

finally! The error is gone . Of all things I could have tried out, recreating the certificates was the only thing I left out. Thank you so much, now the download works.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 1:54 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Hi Neil,

Even though I have done all the teachings of the error still having trouble with the horse. All folio'yu deleted and re-created, re-installed content, even re-created my certificates but still the same error: (((.. Can you help?

I'm sorry, my english is not good.

Thank you very much.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 2:27 AM   in reply to tokalak

Hi all

i would like to tell you that i had the same error, i tried all advices i found here and nothing worked. Finaly, i created a new session on my Mac and tried again. It's ok!

Olivier

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 5:12 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Neil --

I spent nearly a day going through all of these steps, deleting the necessary Preferences files, rebuilding my entire 180-page HTML-based folio (an extremely slow process), deleting all of my old certificates, creating new ones, creating the app again with the DPS App Builder and finally got my Developer app to download witout the Error Code 1 problem. However, when I tried to download the Distribution app, the Error Code 1 resurfaced. I'm now looking at at least another lost day re-doing everything I just did, and then re-testing a newly-created app I already tested.

Is there really no better solution than "start over," which is what this method amounts to?

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2013 8:29 AM   in reply to Michael F Murphy

If you were able to download the developer app, and then immediately tried to download the distribution app and it failed, then you're likely hitting an issue with your certificates. You should double-check that all of your certificates were created exactly as described in http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ppcompdoc/Step_by_step_guide_to_dps_se.pdf.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 6:10 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

When I try and download the app, it keeps giving me an 'error code 1'

I've read the thread on this error, however I don't understand what is meant by 'accented characters'. I followed the pdf document guide while creating the certificates but I'm still getting this error. Apple keymaster puts all these certificates as 'valid' so I don't see that there's a problem there.

I've tried uninstalling indesign as well as the DPS app builder, - hasn't made any difference, I still get the error.

Any suggestions on getting this working then?

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points