Skip navigation
Daviy2
Currently Being Moderated

Where have my 'save as' file extensions gone?

May 3, 2013 9:01 PM

Tags: #photoshop #save_as

The 'save as' option is now limited to .jpg and photoshop in vaious form. The only photoshop file my After Effects will accept id .psd

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2013 9:33 PM   in reply to Daviy2

Sounds like you improperly copied old plug-ins into your Plug-Ins folder, or you pointed Photoshop to an additional plug-ins folder.

Go back and delete all the plug-ins you improperly installed yourself, uncheck the additional plug-in folder option, and only install fresh, updated plug-ins that are guaranteed compatible with your exact version of the OS from the developers' web sites and using their installers as per their instructions.

All necessary Adobe plug-ins are already built in where you cannot see them and mess with them, so you don't have to install any Adobe plug-ins yourself.

You gave us no information whatsoever, so I can't advise you beyond this.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers: 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2013 10:50 PM   in reply to Daviy2

Have you tried trashing your Photoshop preferences yet?

To re-create the preferences files for Photoshop, start the application while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

New prefs will be cretaed when you re-launch Photoshop.

Re-installing without trashing and rebuilding your prefs files is futile.

If you end up having to delete preferences files manual, this Adobe tech doc helps:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-ph otoshop.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points