Skip navigation
Richardbeds
Currently Being Moderated

How can I open Premier Elements 11 Organizer when it Stops Working before it opens up?

May 4, 2013 3:18 AM

I have brand new Premiere Elements 11 Software but cannot get the Organizer to start up.  It trys to open then shows an error message saying Elements 11 Organizer has stopped working.Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2013 5:25 AM   in reply to Richardbeds

Richardbeds

1.On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running? And, just to get it out of the way, do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed, and are you running Premiere Elements 11 from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

1. Delete the settings (preferences) file which is name .psa.prf. Assuming Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, the route to it is:

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in this Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you delete.

Make sure that you have the Folder Option "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives" active so that the path will be visible.

The shortcut to all that is...as you hold down the Shift+Ctrl+Alt computer main keyboard keys (altogether), double click the Organizer tab at the bottom of the Premiere Elements 11 Expert view workspace. A pop up should appear asking your permission to delete this settings file. Click Yes to that.

2. How are you trying to gain access to the Elements Organizer...

a. Welcome Screen - Organizer

or

b. Clicking on the Organizer tab at the bottom of the Premiere Elements 11 Expert view workplace.

If a or b lets you get into the Organizer, then you might consider creating a new catalog (File Menu/Catalog Manager) as well as disabling Auto-Analyzer options et al under Elements Organizer workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/Media-Analysis.

Let us start there. We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2013 2:55 PM   in reply to Richardbeds

Richardbeds

I do not understand your reply (post #2) which appears to be responding to my suggestions (post #1) for resolving your Premiere Elements issue.

Was there a problem in your posting in this forum?

Please try again to send a message, letting us know if my suggestions worked for you to resolve your issue or whether the problem persists.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2013 4:10 PM   in reply to Richardbeds

Richardbeds

Thanks for the follow up and the good news that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements project. I have found that Premiere Elements is a continuing learning experimence whether you are a beginning, intermediate, or advanced user (that is the good and bad news).

I am not affiliated with Adobe in anyway. I am just a user of the program like yourself, but I have been working with Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements since about 2005. Exploration and experimentation are the keys to success.

Adobe does have an Adobe Feature Request Bug Form. Many say that it works to bring user concerns to the attention of Adobe.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

But, when all is said and done, never hesitate to ask your Premiere Elements questions or ask for clarification here in this forum. Many are ready to share his/her Premiere Elements experiences and suggested how tos with you.

Continued success.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points