Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

create fading curve with effect

May 4, 2013 12:41 AM

HI

I've taken over a web site and need to copy the compnay logo ( copy attached)

The basics are fairly straight forward but my problem is creating the curved line with the explosion effect

can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

Ian

spanseclogo.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2013 1:34 AM   in reply to jen0dorf

Ian,

Are you sure the logo is uavavilable in the form you need?

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2013 4:43 AM   in reply to jen0dorf

Ian,

Is the logo registered? If it is, there may be something in vector in that connexion. If not, you may consider/suggest an updated version, which may even become better.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2013 4:10 PM   in reply to jen0dorf

I just uploaded a set of transparent fade brushes you might find useful.

http://www.raycraighead.com/studio-blog.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 1:13 PM   in reply to jen0dorf

You're welcome. You can make your own faded brushes. The trick is to create the brush with blended objects because brushes cannot accept gradient fill elements. I save the original brush artwork as a Symbol so it retains the live blend. When I want to alter a brush or create a variation I open the Symbol and option drag the artwork onto the appropriate brush thumbnail. This is important because live blends are expanded when converted to a brush. Yes, you can drag the brush thumbnail onto the artboard, but any gradients will be converted to objects, not very useful for editing the brush.

Another interesting note is that these brushes (any brush, for that matter), can be combined with stroke profiles to create useful brush variations. For example, by creating a stroke profile that is offset, you can make the stroke appear to have one sharp side and one soft side. Unfortunately, the profile must be reasigned if the appearance is changed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points