Skip navigation
grisdelaluxe
Currently Being Moderated

Why is there a scale limit?

May 5, 2013 3:20 AM

I want to scale much more than 600% in this instance, but it won't allow me. Not even if I manually enter a higer value. What gives? How come? How to fix?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2013 4:03 AM   in reply to grisdelaluxe

Can't say why, but a workaround is easy. Just zoom to the max, then nest and zoom this. If this isn't enough, nest and repeat. Should be able to get to a single pixel this way, if you really want to, but I haven't tried.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 6:29 AM   in reply to grisdelaluxe

grisdelaluxe wrote:

Is it possible to remove the smoothening?

What is smoothening?

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 10:53 AM   in reply to grisdelaluxe

Oh. That's easy. Do the opposite of what the rest of us want to do.

Set your clip to "Scale to Frame Size" and then scale it way up. That ought to do the trick.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 11:03 AM   in reply to grisdelaluxe

grisdelaluxe wrote:

It smoothens out stuff. I want it to look pixelated.

Add the mosaic effect.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 12:13 PM   in reply to grisdelaluxe

Did you try it my way? Or Anns? Or both?

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 7:07 PM   in reply to grisdelaluxe

I want it to scale without smoothening.

PP won't just make the image larger, it will 'rescale' it to fit using various algorithms.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 9:09 PM   in reply to grisdelaluxe

Actually, if you scale to frame size and then use motion to scale it up, it will pixelize it a little. Perhaps not as much as you would like. But it does it.

Perhaps using keyframes to increase pixelization using the Mosaic effect as you zoom in would do the trick.

It certainly pixelizes the image if you change from, let's say, 500 to 20 over the life of the zoom. If you understand keyframes it should be a breeze. Since you didn't bother to answer the other half of my question, and you want to insult people because you don't understand the answer, perhaps you would be happier if you just tried what was suggested.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 7:41 AM   in reply to grisdelaluxe

Easy forum points? Are you insane? We hang out here to help people who ask questions and you accuse me of trying to get points, which I can't spend anywhere or do anything with?

I answered the question correctly. Then I pointed you to Anns answer which seemed more appropriate after hearing more about what you wanted. You want a lot of pixelization. I get it.

You refused to answer my question about using what Ann suggested, insulted all of us by asking for someone who knew something, and then you think we help people for some useless point system?

You might want to rethink your participation in this forum. Either ask questions politely with enough information, or don't expect any help.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 8:01 PM   in reply to grisdelaluxe

*You* might want to watch what you say if you want help around here.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 9:06 PM   in reply to grisdelaluxe

I would sit back, take a breath, then provide a bit more info.

Steven has been a valued contributor to this forum from its beginnings. He has edited several books on Adobe products, and has a Web site devoted to PrPro.

I assure you that he is only trying to help you, as is Ann.

None of us do this for "points," or "tombstones." We do it to try and help all users. We do it because we wish to payback, for what we have learned in the forums, and do so freely.

Good luck, and please reconsider picking a fight with any of the folk, who are only trying to help you.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2013 11:53 PM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

Steven, I think that you might want to reconsider everything. You might want to drive to the coast, walk out to the shore, stare out into horizon and think "What have I been doing all this time......... what is the point of everything really?'  Then you may find yourself giving away everything that you don't need, buying a retired school bus and a tepee,  establishing a commune out in the cascade mountain foothills, and changing your name to "Love".

Best wishes on your journey

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2013 7:53 AM   in reply to Stephen_Spider

Stephen,

OK. I have considered it. And rejected it.

I think I am better off sticking around to help people or poor Ann and Jim and Harm and others will have to do all of the heavy lifting. I feel a need to do my share. Regardless of insults and innuendos.

Where is that other post? Oh. It ws all in your imagination.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points