Skip navigation
calamity_patti
Currently Being Moderated

My Adobe Photoshop looks completely different.  How did it change from what I am used to using?

May 5, 2013 5:28 AM

My photoshop elements looks totally different from what I have been using.  How can I find the simplier version I am used to? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2013 7:44 AM   in reply to calamity_patti

First suggestion would be to Choose a different mode, for example in Elements 11 you have the options of Quick, Guided or Expert, which are available from the bar directly under the menu bar

If you have an earlier version please post again or check the help for the mode change option in your version

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 7:49 AM   in reply to calamity_patti

Click the Quick tab at the top of the editor screen.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 5:26 PM   in reply to calamity_patti

The initial choices of Share and Edit and clicking on Edit leading to an Upload sounds like an online photo editor website, not Elements. What version of Elements are you using, now?

Online storage of photos at Photoshop.com has been replaced by Adobe Revel if that is what could be different.  I never used Photoshop.com so am unsure what the intial page might have said or the options if I had photos, there.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 8:54 AM   in reply to calamity_patti

The current versions of Photoshop things are Photoshop Elements 11, Photoshop Lightroom 4, Photoshop CS6 Standard and Photoshop CS6 Extended, along with Photoshop Creative Cloud in June, which will replace Photoshop CS6 Standard/Extended with a subscription-only pricing plan.

When you say you paid for the Photoshop version you were using, are you talking about photoshop.com which was Adobe's online sharing website that got converted to Adobe Revel, or Photoshop Elements 10 which you now have, or something else you're calling Photoshop?

It is possible you were using a very old version of some sort of Photoshop Album or similar name, that hasn't been updated in many years, and somehow that's disappeared.  If you go to your Start button and then All Programs, do you see any other Photoshop things listed?

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    May 7, 2013 11:22 AM   in reply to calamity_patti

Try clicking on the house symbol (near top right) to get to the welcome screen.

house-pse10.png

If that doesn’t work try re-setting the prefs (see following post for instructions) and that should restore everything to normal.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    May 7, 2013 11:22 AM   in reply to ssprengel

Hold down the Ctrl+Shift+Alt keys and simultaneously click on the Edit button on the welcome screen. After a few seconds release the three keys and look behind the welcome screen by closing it. Alternatively hold down the three keys whilst  clicking on the desktop icon for the Editor or PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe in the Programs folder. Keep holding down all three keys for a few seconds; then release. You should get the settings option.

When you see a pop up box with the words: Delete Adobe Photoshop Elements Settings File?

Click on Yes

Then wait whilst Elements rebuilds the preferences.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points