Skip navigation
LJ377Edits
Currently Being Moderated

Can the AMD Radeon HD 6750 card on imac support ray tracing in after effects cs6? If so how?

May 5, 2013 1:12 PM

This card is integrated on my computer and I don't want to have to purchase a whole new computer to enjoy the ray tracing feature. Is it possible and how? I'm workng with an imac withe a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5. Multicore 64 bit processor. Please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2013 1:13 PM   in reply to LJ377Edits

GPU acceleration of the ray-traced 3D renderer requires CUDA and therefore an NVIDIA card.

See this page for details:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2012/05/gpu-cuda-opengl-features-i n-after-effects-cs6.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 2:04 PM   in reply to LJ377Edits

Your link to AMD doesn't mention AEs raytraced mode with any word.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 10:44 PM   in reply to LJ377Edits

Have you actually read the full page??? Any raytracing here???

AMD boosts a variety of Adobe After Effects GPU-accelerated features:

• Hardware BlitPipe—Hardware Accelerated Composition, Layer and Footage Panels
      The Hardware BlitPipe GPU-acceleration feature is engaged when using color management output simulation on the screen and the exposure control in the viewer panels.
    • Cartoon Effect
      The dedicated cartoon effect gives live footage the look of cell animation quickly and easily.
    • OpenGL Swap Buffer
      The OpenGL swap buffer feature accelerates the drawing of pixels to the screen. This process, which can result in a performance bottleneck with larger displays, is made fast and smooth with AMD graphics hardware.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 11:35 PM   in reply to LJ377Edits

You took that Video Copilot thread out of context; that part about the AMD cards was about Premiere Pro.

See my previous response on this thread. It contains all of the information that you need on this matter. Klaus is also giving you the correct information.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points