Skip navigation
blfreeze
Currently Being Moderated

Watermark settings (size) not working

May 5, 2013 10:17 AM

Tags: #settings #watermark #acrobat_xi

I am using a text watermark with a saved setting. The size is set to 18 in the saved setting. Each and every time I Add Watermark, though, I have to reenter the 18 in the size or it comes out much larger than that. I had this problem in Acrobat 9 Pro (Windows). I just upgraded to Acrobat XI Pro (Windows), and I'm seeing the same issue here. Is this typical for watermarks? Is there some workaround? Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2013 6:19 AM   in reply to blfreeze

Double check in your watermark settings that you have "Scale Relative to target page" unchecked. There is also a similar setting for when you're printing that you'll want to uncheck under the Appearance Options... link.

watermark.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 3, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to LoriAUC

Having the same issue on Acrobat Pro v 10.1.7 with Windows 7. We are trying to save a watermark setting with Arial 16pt font.   This is what we have done:

1. Save a watermark setting(Arial 16pt font) with the 'scale relative target page' unchecked.
      1. Even checked the scale option and unchecked it before saving - incase it needed that to register.
    2. Reopened Acrobat and loaded our saved watermark.
      1. The watermark setting(font size and scale settings) are loaded correctly.
      2. However, the watermark text now appears large in the preview window and when it is applied to the document.
    3. Our workaround has been to load the watermark setting, change the font size to 18 then back to 16, then apply the watermark.

Another user suggested to check the  'Scale relative target page' with 100% when we are saving our watermark settings.  This only made the text size large and cleared our font size setting.  When we went to select our font size this cleared the 'scale relative to target page' checkbox - We can only have one option or the other.  

Does anyone know if Adobe is actively trying to correct this issue?  Anything else I can try? Otherwise will keep using our workaround.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points