Skip navigation
TheSquirell
Currently Being Moderated

Indd experts: Is it possible to recover a closed recovered file?

May 5, 2013 11:26 AM

Tags: #recovery #lost #recover #recover_files ##recover

Hi,

My intelligence brought me to this hair-pulling moment: I realized that I closed the 16 pages word-document AND the indesign document where I copied the same text and made a design.

This is a lot of text that I think is lost forever. To be sure: I thought I ask here anyway. Is it possible to recover this?

There are lots of files in the AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version 8.0\en_US\Caches\InDesign Recovery folder. Can these InDesign Recovery files be opened somehow?

Here some interesting ones:

- InDesign Saved Data (11.588 KB)

- DBSharingXXXXXXXXX (many files - some "modified" on the day when I worked on the lost file)

This must have already happened days ago. Wanted to open that document but realized it was gone in both programs.

Thanks a lot for any imput - I thought I try anyway even though I think that chances to recover this are 1 in a million.

TS.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to TheSquirell

No, you cannot open a file from the recovery folder except through the auto-recovery system that kicks in when the application is not shut down correctly. Are you saying you failed to save both the word file and the ID file before closing? Did ID shut down properly?

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 3:16 AM   in reply to TheSquirell

Where did the text come from in the beginning?  I have some vague memories of being able to recover a Word temp file I closed without saving twenty years ago, but I can't be sure after all this time that it really worked. I may have retyped the doc from scratch (it was a letter, so not hard to recreate).

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 4:50 AM   in reply to TheSquirell

Sounds like a valuable life lesson, though.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points